Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Epic roadtrip of awesomeness and new racecat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That grill looks the goods. You going to clean it up / paint maybe?
    Originally posted by thebluerx7
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by DSMAZDAGTR View Post
      Rhanis wanted to have a play with her baby today. Bolted in new seats and took her for a private track test.. Brakes seem a bit spongy. Might need a bleed because I think the pads are ok.. Probably have not been done in a decade..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Wow, I smiled just watching this.
      Originally posted by Babalouie
      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Road trip no. 2.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20171215_200441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	6612024

Tow car got some new boots for the trip. Fixed the Speedo error too. And good for 15mm lift. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171215_171516.jpg
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	6612023

Comment

So what's the roadtrip for / current plan?
          The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Road trip over to Adelaide. To allow parts to be interchanged better between donor and twinky over the Christmas break.

Lowered suspension, bonnet, doors. Finish off interior. At least. Also do some cleaning engine bay, exterior. See how she scrubs up

Unfortunately I have discovered unfortunately that the series 2 / 3 have differing front quarter panels...
            So, while they should bolt on, the donor quarters, lights and grille would convert my series 1 '86 into a series 3 '88 front end...
            Not certain that's the right thing to do.

Also, hoping to get some local mates with vast twinky experience to have a looksie at her...

I was going to drive it over for epic fun-ness.. But decided I'd rather not risk something going wrong. Also, could only drive on permid during daylight hours, and that didn't quite fit into my plans for the weekend.. Oh well.. Will grab a permit one day over christmas for a fun hills run... :D

Arrived at destination:

Name:	arrived.jpg
Size:	712.6 KB
ID:	6612058

Fitting like a glove.

Name:	rolla_trailer.jpg
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	6612056

Series 1 Quarter and LIght:

Name:	series1.jpg
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	6612059

Series 2/3 Quarter and Light:

Name:	series2.jpg
Size:	428.9 KB
ID:	6612060

Series 2 grille cut to fit on the series 1 twinky (as purchased).

Name:	grille.jpg
Size:	610.4 KB
ID:	6612061

Comment

Any interior pics?

Comment

Now that tapatalk is back online I can put up some pics of how it's sitting at the moment..

Name:	IMG-20171221-WA0010.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	6612089

Plan for Christmas break will be swap lowered suspension over, finish the interior off, bonnet swap, doors, grille, hatch and bumper. Then give her a cleanup and see how she looks. Also, seem to have got a puncture in the back right on the test track. So that'll need fixing (have the spare on at the moment).

Comment

I used to have one of these. The engine blew up and I sold it to Rowdy.

Word to the wise.. don't use "Twink" or "Twinky" when searching for stuff on the internet. Big port twink means different things in different circles...
                  Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Spent today shopping and wrapping presents. But managed to swap the bonnet over, fit the correct grille and also for the interior side trims and rubbers.

Name:	20171224_192134.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	6612124

Also for rid of the post gearknob back to "a" factory one.

Comment

Oh that looks great! Bravo sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                        I used to have one of these. The engine blew up and I sold it to Rowdy.

Word to the wise.. don't use "Twink" or "Twinky" when searching for stuff on the internet. Big port twink means different things in different circles...
                        Best 50 bucks ever spent! Still got the wheels!

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                          Best 50 bucks ever spent! Still got the wheels!
                          Oh wheels? Which ones? This thing needs the proper wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post
                            Oh wheels? Which ones? This thing needs the proper wheels!
                            Not stockies, whatever 90s five spokes lobster had on it - BSA I think is the brand.

Miss that car, was great with the 20 valve in it and only just slower at Wakefield than the mx5.

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake

Comment

Still have my Red S1 in the garage, hasn't been to an event since 2012, farken……

Comment

Originally posted by Potsy View Post
                                Still have my Red S1 in the garage, hasn't been to an event since 2012, farken……
                                I'm going to try and do a could of days at SMSP this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X