XR6 Turbo Circuit Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work mate.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post

OK, emailed you an updated version with your data input. You have mail. And you have braking problems currently!
      Thanks.

Kinda confirmed my suspicions.

currently balance bar is maxed out to the front which gives me line pressure of about 950 in both front and rear. Winding it more centred makes rear higher than front.

Comment

I ended up with 5/8" front and 3/4" rear on the Falcon with 5.7:1 ratio,
        2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
          I ended up with 5/8" front and 3/4" rear on the Falcon with 5.7:1 ratio,
          Same here

Comment

what size front calipers?

My front calipers run very large calipers pistons, 44mm from memory so I run the large front cylinder simply so it displaces enough fluid to move the pads 1mm.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

I had R33 4 pot Brembos
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Originally posted by ahk068 View Post
                355mm front
                328 rears
                6 pot brembo fronts- 6 x 44mm piston
                vt commodore calipers on rear, 2 x 38mm
                1" front cylinder
                11/16th rear
                approx 1600kg
                % front weight - not sure, might have to make an assumption
                Wheelbase 2829mm
                Center of Gravity height (you'll probably have to assume or search for a figure here). An S550 mustang is 575 mm apparently according to CJ Pony Parts. So you'd be similar.
                Brake pad coef of friction front and rear
                tyre size front and rear. nfi. forza f7 in front. dba race spec in rear
                Pedal box ratio (typically around 6:1 for unassisted brakes). 7-1

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                Piston size seems pretty large - I run a 6 piston GT spec Brembo caliper on my IP Commodore, it runs 28,30.38 piston sizes - I'm running a commodore caliper on the rear too (for now) and like the others run 5/8F 3/4R MC using a tilton floor mount pedal box (underfoot type) - and was able to get the pressure and balance sorted with this setup

Comment

Brembo F50's (40x2 44x2) at the front and twin pistons at the back 2x36

Comment

No, No you've got it all wrong. How are you going to generate any front pressure with a 1" master cylinder? Forget about fluid displacement, you need pressure, that means a smaller master cylinder or a bloody long pedal.
                    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Exactly
                      2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Working...
                      X