XR6 Turbo Circuit Racer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting to know. You can get some pretty decent flowing in tank pumps these days which negates the need for noisy external pumps and smelly surge tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RLF View Post
      That's interesting to know. You can get some pretty decent flowing in tank pumps these days which negates the need for noisy external pumps and smelly surge tanks.
      haven't seen a surge tank in a ba spec chooka ever. couple of reasonably quick ones down here on corn juice surviving with in tank option

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

progressed a bit with this lately.

Predrilled the top control arm brackets to give me about 5 deg camber in the front. Car turns in brilliantly now with no understeer at all. The increase in corner grip then presented an issue with fuel surge at less than half a tank of fuel so a 2 liter tank and a 44 pump were fitted in the engine bay.

Pulled the sunroof and a few other bits to drop some weight and did a supersprint event Sunday. Fitted an old set of Direzza's in a hard compound. Struggled early to get tyre pressures right but ended the day taking 1.4 seconds of my PB. GPS lap thingy says theoretically best lap based off sector pb's is still a second quicker so the driver still needs work.

Still has unknown tune fitted but increased boost to 12psi and fuel pressure to 65psi and the car is now great to drive. Nowhere near as fast as I'd like but well beyond the limits of the driver

Comment

Good stuff. Need more in car vids....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
            Good stuff. Need more in car vids....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
            coming. gopro software is shit

Comment

So, do we know what this thing weighs yet?
              " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
                So, do we know what this thing weighs yet?
                high 1600's at a guess but might visit the local garden centre this week

Comment

It's just that performance is closely related to the power to weight ratio. My little hillclimber only has about 100hp but because it only weighs 375 kg is suitably sprightly. Still, I guess if you are making 400 hp you'd have a similar power to weight ratio...harder work for the brakes, suspension and tyres though.....
                  " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

https://youtu.be/sN7j5pKz1a4

it's sideways. deal with it

Comment

Started to make some brake ducts of some description for this thing today. My overall aim is to race the State Superseries next year. It has three classes split by times at both Baskerville and Simmons. C class cut off is 63 seconds at baskerville and I'm currently doing 66.8s. If I race I like to win so if I can get to a 63.5 at baskerville I'll be happy and be very competitive. However due to building a house this year modifications will be minimal and very budget orientated. As a point of reference IPRA (Leigh Forrest) runs 58s.

Comment

removed battery tray as part of drivers side. Fitted Ghetto cold air intake while I was there. Pod will live under the guard

Comment

depending on what pads and conditions on the track, you might be preventing them from getting up to the correct temp in certain circumstances. so be sure to make it easy to restrict the ducting also.
                          www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                            depending on what pads and conditions on the track, you might be preventing them from getting up to the correct temp in certain circumstances. so be sure to make it easy to restrict the ducting also.
                            Thanks for the tip. Given I'll be running 2 spots with 328 discs for a while I'm not thinking it's a problem in the short term but later on definitely

Comment

I have a heap of 100mm heat proof duct tubing laying around. Let me know if you need any and I can ship it down if required.
                              BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
                                I have a heap of 100mm heat proof duct tubing laying around. Let me know if you need any and I can ship it down if required.
                                got some on it's way but thanks for the offer

Comment

Working...
                                X