XR6 Turbo Circuit Racer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can buy a air con delete pulley/bracket i think clarkos performance makes them.ive got one on my EL race car. think they have them for both SOHC and Barra motors.
    EL GHIA
    GT3582R
    EMS

Comment

Originally posted by turboghia View Post
      you can buy a air con delete pulley/bracket i think clarkos performance makes them.ive got one on my EL race car. think they have them for both SOHC and Barra motors.
      Air con already gone. Shorter belt and switching a couple of pulleys around.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Any chance you could make it to Winton later in the year?
        I'll be heading to Winton with a few other XR6T for the Circuit club day August 26th.
        Would be great to check your car out and exchange ideas.

https://wintonraceway.com.au/events/2018-08/
        BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
          Any change you could make it to Winton later in the year?
          I'll be heading to Winton with a few other XR6T for the Circuit club day August 26th.
          Would be great to check your car out and exchange ideas.

https://wintonraceway.com.au/events/2018-08/
          not in the short term. No pics and this bloody house is killing me. Thinking of a trip around GP time though and flying vs car on boat is about the same. House will be finished by then too

Comment

fitted alloy radiator and deleted expansion tank. finished cold air intake so it looks neater. updated cooler piping to be 2.5" from cooler to throttle body. Cars at dyno doctor now for tune tidy up and health check.

Hillclimb this Sunday.

finally painted bonnet too

Comment

Oh No! another Mini tragic.
              " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
                Oh No! another Mini tragic.
                may have one or two...

Comment

220rwkw before stock injectors maxed out

Comment

so today's hillclimb went well...

Self imposed ban on driving in the wet put in place

Comment

Damn!
                      What happened?
                      1st run on cold, wet Direzza's?

Sorry to see. Hope you and the car are OK and no further damage. Hopefully the rim took most of the hit and didn't damage any suspension/arm components.
                      BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
                        Damn!
                        What happened?
                        1st run on cold, wet Direzza's?

Sorry to see. Hope you and the car are OK and no further damage. Hopefully the rim took most of the hit and didn't damage any suspension/arm components.
                        arse stepped out on 2-3 change on a drying track with a driver chasing a time. Direzza's were old and cold and wet. I think its bent a steering arm as the steering wheel isn't straight but nothing major. Drove into the garage when I got home.

Comment

ok. been a long time since an update

upgrades

e85
                          850lb front springs
                          Jeep Srt front calipers
                          wilwood bias pedal box
                          Abs gone
                          fullriver battery
                          koya 9" & 10" wheels
                          Kuhmo Semi Slicks - 265 & 295
                          Acrylic side windows
                          Maybe other stuff

Finally got motivated enough to get my circuit licence and went racing last weekend. Battled massive rear brake bias and understeer but finished 2nd in my class (classes set by laptimes). Absolutely the most fun I've had in a car for years. Baskerville is a tight track and I got beat by an experienced guy in a 968 porsche but close enough to be a nuisance.

A lot of guys on here have answered my dumb questions over the years so thanks to you all.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeing this gives me so many ideas!!! Good to see you enjoying it

Comment

1st crack at Symmons Plains tomorrow which may be interesting. I have a HP advantage over the Porsches, Nissans that are in my class so hopefully I can exploit it. My class has time limits on it before you get booted up a grade which experienced racers are telling me will be an issue for me. I'll have to learn to win slowly.

I'm looking to upgrade rear brakes and suspension in near future. I've been chasing info on the Pedders control suspension used in Saloon racing. I can find part numbers but not a lot of detail around spring rates etc. Looking for 20kg/10kg rates as a starting point which MCA do but only for FG. Suggestions welcome.

Comment

Survived Symmons. Qualified 2nd on a drying track. Bloody Porsche smoked me off the start 4 times, pulled 50 metres on me and I nearly caught him 4 times. Frustrating. Kuhmos seemed to take 3-4 laps to get warm but car was awesome for the last laps. Set fastest lap times in my class which meant I broke out once. Exceeding limits gets you a 1 minute penalty if you do it twice. Locked away 2nd in championship. I can't catch the leader with one round to go and I just have to qualify to secure 2nd.

Ordered MCA Race Primes and discovered vt Commodore front calipers with bolt onto my rears. I'll have these plus Astra power steer pump fitted by next race at Baskerville which is support category for IP nationals.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X