Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good shit.
    I did Astra PS on the XW. Was a good thing. I ended up wiring it with a switch so could start the car and then flick it on and also use it when engine not running to help move it around
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

You may already know this but the Redline power steering fluid is the fucking business and you really have to try to boil it. Heat can be an issue with the Astra pumps depending on where you mount it but the redline magic juice fixed all my issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Komdotkom View Post
        You may already know this but the Redline power steering fluid is the fucking business and you really have to try to boil it. Heat can be an issue with the Astra pumps depending on where you mount it but the redline magic juice fixed all my issues.
        I'll try this. I won't get time to fit the Astra pump before the next round so decent fluid should help.

I've been looking at the coilover set up. No one in Hobart has a set of corner scales so I've been researching Mumford beams which I reckon I can make. Anyone done this before?

Comment

Mca's arrived and have been fitted. Race Primes with 20/10 springs as recommended by Mca as I have no idea. I filled the driver's seat with sandbags to get ride heights level as the old ones were ugly. Front is similar height, rear slightly lower.

It's about to be sent for a wheel alignment and I'm keen for input. Last time out on a really hot track it understeered like a bitch on entry of low speed corners (hairpin at symmons) but is very good medium speed corner (end of sweeper at symmons). It runs a 28mm whiteline adjustable front bar set on hard with the same rear bar albeit 24mm set on soft.
          Toe I have no idea, -5 Front camber, -2 rear camber. We were going to set front/rear tow at zero and see what happens. Thoughts?

2nd, new rear coilover is captive design so spring no longer sits on lower control arm. I'm hoping this means i can ditch standard lca and make a chromoly rod or similar. I'll need to however mount the sway bar to it and I'm not sure it the bump stops will be needed now. Any ideas are welcome.
          Attached Files

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the upper shock mount structure goes support the vehicle wieght.

Do mca have many Setups like this in service?
            ​​​

Means well but is skittled

Comment

Originally posted by hiddeous View Post
              It will be interesting to see how the upper shock mount structure goes support the vehicle wieght.

Do mca have many Setups like this in service?
              ​​​
              Agreed. All Fg set ups are like this so would be a few. I reckon I'll make a brace for the inside long term. Assembly has 1-2 millimetres of clearance and adjusting spring height pretty much means removing the lot.

Comment

Shock loads are way higher than weight loads. The most the weight load can be is 1 x the car's weight. The shock loads could be 2 or 3 times more.

Comment

Working...
                X