XR6 Turbo Circuit Racer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks the business and good call about aero balance for the front end.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Started the front splitter/air dam thingy

it'll end up glass over ply. Under the engine is a big sheet of flat aluminium the goes back to the crossmember. it starts at the back end of the ply so the large rectangle cutout will slope upwards to meet it as the ply is about 50mm lower. My Google research says this should help downforce. I was also going to run a skirt along the outside edges of the chassis rails to keep air coming off the wheels from getting under the car, making a bit of a tunnel past the gearbox etc.

Feel free to let me know if I'm way off track. It sits about 100mm off the ground which given my propensity to hit kerbs, grass, walls I'm not too upset about
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ahk068 View Post
        Started the front splitter/air dam thingy

it'll end up glass over ply. Under the engine is a big sheet of flat aluminium the goes back to the crossmember. it starts at the back end of the ply so the large rectangle cutout will slope upwards to meet it as the ply is about 50mm lower. My Google research says this should help downforce. I was also going to run a skirt along the outside edges of the chassis rails to keep air coming off the wheels from getting under the car, making a bit of a tunnel past the gearbox etc.

Feel free to let me know if I'm way off track. It sits about 100mm off the ground which given my propensity to hit kerbs, grass, walls I'm not too upset about
        Keep an eye on your water temp. All your extra aero fruit *might* interfere with the air pressure behind the radiator. I think it will be OK, but just watch that guage first time out.

Comment

Consider extending the air dam up to your flares so that it “covers” the front wheel. The more air you can guide around the front wheel, the less that gets dragged into the wheel well and causes drag. This could be a separate piece or integrated to your air dam to give extra strength but worthwhile doing whilst you have the fibreglass out.

Comment

Originally posted by davel View Post
            Consider extending the air dam up to your flares so that it “covers” the front wheel. The more air you can guide around the front wheel, the less that gets dragged into the wheel well and causes drag. This could be a separate piece or integrated to your air dam to give extra strength but worthwhile doing whilst you have the fibreglass out.
            Had this exact thought looking at it last night. Front edge of tyre hangs out heaps so covering it would be helpful

Comment

Might as well make a rear diffuser
              2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                Might as well make a rear diffuser
                Spare wheel has been cut out, boot floor is now flat all be it higher than desired. I've also trimmed the bottom edge of the bumper up. Diffuser is next but design hurts my head some
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent.
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Working...
                  X