Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Disposable E36 - Take 1

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
    So hereís the exhaust. Cute gloves I know.

https://youtu.be/Cgqy6a_rArs

Got a price on some AR-1 s in 225/40 17 for $170 ea which is pretty sharp I thought.

Still have to organise brake pads, the rotors look ok. Wheel alignment too.

It has the ďsportĒ interior so the seats arenít bad but when budget allows a good chair will come in.

Needs a diet tho it came in at 1280kg with a full tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow, that's just amazing. even worse than silicon, a flexible rubber plumbing joiner from bunnings ... these things are supposed to join PVC pipe :D

Comment

progress has been slow.

got the front and rear crossmembers all braced up, new rear trailing arm bushes and limiters, dodgied up the front end with longer bolts and some strategic washers for more cambers. 2nd hand ad08rs on all 4 corners and new pads and braided lines. castrol srf fluid.

RWC this week then stripping the interior of all not essential bits and putting some kms on it before a khanacross at the local hillclimb later this month.

undecided whether to weld the diff up.

running proper orange indicators now. not that gross shit in the pic.
      GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
      VF2 Redline Ute
      E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Every time one of these threads comes up I think what am I doing spending 10k a year running an old Falcon around, granted it still is bloody good fun but the numbers on these kind of fun cheap builds makes perfect sence.
        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Weíll see how she goes once itís on track. I think itíll be ok-ish.

Gonna need a proper seat sooner than Iíd hoped, car has a sunroof so with a helmet on I donít have much room in there.

255 rears scrub the outer arch but that shouldnít be hard to fix.

VF2 Redline Ute
          E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
            There is a supercharger kit available for the M42/44 motor.
            fuck
            i have an m42 in the other 2002. will have to ponder this..
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

dude down at the track I go to has one (albeit a 2 door)with a moo in it. Seems to go okay.

Apparently it is pretty much a straight bolt in job. He reckoned it was a few hours work.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

The other week on RS-3's I managed a 1:42 around Winton in our lemon.

One other thing to look at is the rear shock top mounts, we punched our rubber ones through so swapped to metal and no issues since.
                Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Comment

Registered now.

Haunted Hills next weekend. Still havenít got a proper seat in the car, so my head is just about in the roof with a helmet on.

Should get the welder on the diff

VF2 Redline Ute
                  E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

nice, whats the go with haunted hills? do you need a silly licence etc?
                    Originally posted by Marv
                    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

For this event itís a round of that Nugget Nationals which is under AASA but they have monthly motorkhana out there which is under some type of CAMS licence for a $20 entry as far as I know.

My car isnít a ďnugget specĒ car because itís over 1.5 litres or whatever but you can still enter.

Just hope I donít bin it.

VF2 Redline Ute
                      E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

just realised your bimmer has the next plate along from the navara.

got a link for next weekend, keen to see what the nav can do.
                        Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

Comment

spotted this today in t-gon. looks good man/ was in the prado or id have revved the nugvara at ya

Comment

Managed 6th/51 today at Bryant Park. Good to meet Sloth and Lightyear.

Had some issues with brakes at the end of the day and the diff needs a lot of welding.

Too much single pegger.

VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Got a mate to fill the diff up, wonít be long until I get some times to compare it against the open diff.

Surely itíll be better.

VF2 Redline Ute
                              E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post

Got a mate to fill the diff up, wonít be long until I get some times to compare it against the open diff.

Surely itíll be better.

Yep, it will be better. You *might* find it's more inclined to understeer, especially on initial turn in. Get ready to add more rear roll stiffness ie sway bar.

This is an outstanding effort for a $1,000 car - how much do you reckon it owes you now?

Comment

Working...
                                X