Datsun 1200 ute X R35 GTR

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know in the early 2000s, a guy in Canberra had full GTIR engine and driveline in a 1200 coupe here in Canberra.

That doesn't really have anything to do with this though.

Please continue with what you are doing. I have no idea how it will all fit in there at all though.
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Keen to see how this pans out.
      A tube frame widebody 1200 ute with R35 drive train would be a handful with 5-600hp let alone 1000hp. Definitely keeping tabs on this.
      Hope there's many pics of chassis building.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
      Emo 6 - Track
      '74 Mazda 808 - Daily/Resto project [SOLD]
      2010 Swift Sport of boredom

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
        So all I wanted it 1000hp and it based loosely on circuit not drag, this way I can have something never done before, be quick at the drags, 1000m, burnouts, "circuit" etc like you could do any event without being totally shit at all of them except 1.
        really? seems like a pretty simple plan, I'm sure many have at least tried this before, nothing springs to mind that could actually do it all though.

Comment

Are you going to transition the whole electronic package across seeing it seems to be a large chunk of the R35's capability above and beyond other cars of the hp/weight regime?

There are plenty of guys on the pro-touring scene in the US who are trying to build stuff that can do it all, hell, there's the "Optima Street Car Challenge" which from memory includes drag, go to woah, autocross and circuit. Anyway - will be cool to see something like this be built.
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

why not get one of those 4x4 falcon utes¡¿
            Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

To be honest apart from the difficulty of designing a tube car, this is really no more difficult than any super sedan thing.

The transaxle makes it pretty simple, only hard issues are the electrics but that again is not too bad. I was assuming I would take it all from the GTR and just copy what the race 35s are doing at the time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
              3D scanning
              3D modelling
              Structural certification
              3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                I know in the early 2000s, a guy in Canberra had full GTIR engine and driveline in a 1200 coupe here in Canberra.

That doesn't really have anything to do with this though.

Please continue with what you are doing. I have no idea how it will all fit in there at all though.
                The concrete guy that was friends with Rdyno's uncles brother inlaw daughters husband ?

and yeah Playa, you are a nutter !!

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by TT View Post
                  I don't see how this can happen.
                  Anything will go into anything if you push hard enough

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
                  1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
                  1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
                  1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
                  1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
                  And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

Looks like it should be some kind of weapon!

A lot of sensible thinking going on here, look forward to seeing it going up Collingrove....
                    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Awesome idea... good luck!
                      Find your Freedom
                      Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
                      www.FreedomFunding.com.au
                      www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
                      If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Arguably Australia's best space frame builders are Adelaide based:

http://www.kandamotorsport.com.au/index.htm
                        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Oh I'm thinking Playa has the IT smarts I'm expecting this thing will be built virtually long before a piece of steel is cut....
                          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Epic idea... may the force etc! Can’t wait to see this thread hit 1000 pages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

WOW.

looking forward to this,.
                              CISCOKIDS
                              The Gentlemen's Club
                              Midnight Rocker

Comment

Is this done yet?
                                AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment