X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be good!
    Originally posted by S
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

less talk more turning spanners please!
      Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
      I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
        less talk more driving cad software!
        Fixed.
        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

There will be few 100 hours of drafting and scanning before I turn any spanners. My friend designed and built a plasma tube notcher and he has a macro written that outputs the code straight from Solidworks.

So my plan is to commit to wheels, set up suspension geometry, draw chassis space frame with engine and transaxle in it then start to fit the other junk into it.

Someone asked about hard cover I'm going to leave tray open and have the radiator and oil coolers in the back, I'm just not sure how to duct that at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Is there a packaging reason for reworking the suspension geometry? I'd be inclined to leave it as per OEM given how well those things work.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Not sure how I didn't see this thread already but fuck me will be looking forward to the end result.
              If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                Is there a packaging reason for reworking the suspension geometry? I'd be inclined to leave it as per OEM given how well those things work.
                The 1200 is 1500mm wide and the GTR is about 1900, I'll model it because originally I really wanted to keep standard subframes but then it all got out of hand and I kept thinking bigger and bigger.

Another idea I thought was get it running with standard frames and then later on design custom frames if I didn't like it. I need to check on the strut layout as that could be a problem if it is too far out for 1200 bodywork.

To be honest I just wanted to do it custom because sometimes 10 hours on a bit of design up front could save a heap of packaging issues later. Not to mention I can shrink up the width 200mm so it is only 100mm out the guards.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

I'd widebody the ute, but the way some of the mustang guys do it - ie maintain the turret width (no custom glass), but basically add a flat on the belt line to add width.
                  Like so:

Preston's Mustang body is now 4" wider so the flares are less rediculous (It's still 6" wider than stock or something.) I've seen one done with otherwise stock arches - it's hard to pick initially what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                    The 1200 is 1500mm wide and the GTR is about 1900
                    So you just need 200mm wide flares and some rivets then. Easy!

I'll put this in the 'build threads I'll follow and largely not understand but love anyway' box.

Comment

LOL just for perspective, Datsun 1200 ute 1500 wide, R35 GTR about 1900, my 1988 F1 rear end 1260mm......

As I've discovered it is all about packaging. Fitting all of that R35 into a 1200 shaped package is going to be a challenge. Being capable of doing it all virtually is going to be a real luxury.
                      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                        I'd widebody the ute, but the way some of the mustang guys do it - ie maintain the turret width (no custom glass), but basically add a flat on the belt line to add width.
                        Like so:

Preston's Mustang body is now 4" wider so the flares are less rediculous (It's still 6" wider than stock or something.) I've seen one done with otherwise stock arches - it's hard to pick initially what's going on.
                        Similar thing in mine for my race coupe (Datsun 1000)
                        Be about as wide as an R31 by the time I've finished (from 1440 - 1700 wide)
                        Location Perth Western Australia

Comment

I know a few fabricators in the US who use this software:http://www.bend-tech.com/index.html

Comment

That is an insanely awesome plan and something tells me your not a bench racer. Prove me right!

Comment

Epic
                              Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Carry on, wayward son.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
                                PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X