Datsun 1200 ute X R35 GTR

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 35 should be delivered tomorrow and I'm just in Mt Isa now then I need to go to Townsville Friday and Adelaide sat so I will check this thing out and go from there.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
      Someone asked about hard cover I'm going to leave tray open and have the radiator and oil coolers in the back, I'm just not sure how to duct that at the moment.
      You might be able to do it with no ducting and a clever undertray design, create enough pressure differential to pull the air through. Some CFD modelling should validate or disprove this.

Comment

Yep I'll have a look at it, a guy I know has full Solidworks simulation CFD and can actual use it so I might have to hit him up when I am at that stage.
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
          You might be able to do it with no ducting and a clever undertray design, create enough pressure differential to pull the air through. Some CFD modelling should validate or disprove this.
          I suspect tray open with radiator in tailgate *might* get you enough airflow. Using a bottom feeder isn't fantastic because it's pulling a) all the hot air that's coming from under the car, and b) the air that's at road level which is ~10* or more hotter than ambient - both of which will put a world of hurt on the cooling system in hot weather. Cooling capacity is heavily dependent on the temperature delta between the coolant and the air temp the radiator sees, that's why a radiator that's good for ~190hp on a 4-stroke at ~95* coolant temp is only good for about 85hp at 55* with a 2 stroke...
          Also, the underbody flow isn't going to be doing much till it's up to ~100+ km/h.
          Another option might be some Group 5 style box arches with the radiators in front of the rear wheels.
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
            Another option might be some Group 5 style box arches with the radiators in front of the rear wheels.
            Infact, that would look awesome. Do that.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
              Surely the widths of the two vehicles would be incompatible???
              My first thought. But he's obviously got this sorted. I'm liking the Mustang hod rodding idea for the wide body. And I'd be sticking with the whole R35 suspension but mainly because I'd have NFI how to design suspension that worked as well.

Lost for words on how mad this project is. In a good way. Makes the R35 Juke look sane.

PF BACK ON TRACK. ----- That's a WaltsWorld front page headline.
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
              I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                The 35 should be delivered tomorrow and I'm just in Mt Isa now then I need to go to Townsville Friday and Adelaide sat so I will check this thing out and go from there.
                We should hang when you're in Isa, I'm never far away.
                Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

fuck that's strong level

Comment

Was delivered today looks like fire was under passenger headlight fuck knows how bit I'll look more when I am back

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20180131_084228.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	736.8 KB
ID:	6612639
                    3D scanning
                    3D modelling
                    Structural certification
                    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

I suspect tray open with radiator in tailgate *might* get you enough airflow. Using a bottom feeder isn't fantastic because it's pulling a) all the hot air that's coming from under the car, and b) the air that's at road level which is ~10* or more hotter than ambient - both of which will put a world of hurt on the cooling system in hot weather. Cooling capacity is heavily dependent on the temperature delta between the coolant and the air temp the radiator sees, that's why a radiator that's good for ~190hp on a 4-stroke at ~95* coolant temp is only good for about 85hp at 55* with a 2 stroke...
                      Also, the underbody flow isn't going to be doing much till it's up to ~100+ km/h.
                      I was thinking running the airflow the opposite way. A flat undertray might produce sufficient low pressure underneath the car to draw the air in from the tray area. Combining this with an F1 style engine air intake above the cabin would provide the high pressure, not sure about the look of it though, might not be to everyone's taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                        We should hang when you're in Isa, I'm never far away.
                        Lived in Isa for 6/7 years.. moved back to Brisbane, now I fly in and out of Cannington which is only 200 clicks from the Isa anyway.

ps. North Brisbane doesn't extend all the way to Mt Isa does it lol

Comment

Also, epic idea. Can't wait to see the CAD then the real thing

Comment

I'm in North Brisbane too, well when I'm not in Mt Isa like I am right now.

Who's up for a beer?
                            Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                                I'm in North Brisbane too, well when I'm not in Mt Isa like I am right now.

Who's up for a beer?
                                Where are you working? For mipac?
                                3D scanning
                                3D modelling
                                Structural certification
                                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Working...
                                X