Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Seasick - R33 Track Car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightyear View Post
    I didn't see your car, but just read you didn't make it. It was a good day. So nice to not have traffic every lap.
    Was sorry to not make it mate and was keen to say gday. Have stalked your build threads (all of them lol) for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
      Nice car.
      Agree, Circuit Club are a great bunch of blokes.
      Wish I could make it to the April one (funds dependent) but will definitely be there for the August date.
      Keen to hear how the RS4 go.
      Thanks mate.

Once the car's ready am keen to get to most of Circuit Club's days this year, great value for money.

Comment

Will be taking the 33 to Wakefield soon will report back on awesomeness
        Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Keen to hear how you go mate. Would like to give Wakefield a go later this year, watched a lot of SXdevelopments videos that corner 1 sweeper looks hairy lol?

Got down to Sabbadin late Friday to pick up the boat and drop off the S15. Pretty stoked with the job Rob's done.

Seat, wheel and harness are in and Rob welded in the harness bar. Gave it a lick of black paint to make it a bit less garish than the original cream. Buying the Velo seat back in the day was/is still the best mod I've done. Prob should give the cover a wash actually there must be a few litres of butt sweat soaked into it by now lol. PS. the seats all the way back on the rail, once it's in the right spot the lap harness sits right.

We also threw out the linglong catch can and Rob welded up a proper one with speedflow lines/fittings draining back to the sump. Another customer has the same setup in his R33 and it's run for years without needing to tap the back of the head. RB's have issues holding oil up top and my fingers are crossed I'm as lucky.

Got a UVP from VicToads and drove the car home. The car feels really planted and is a ball to drive. The hardrace engine and trans mounts took out all the slop in the drivetrain and the ATS lsd is really smooth. Between the drivetrain whine with everything solid mounted and induction noise it sounds like the world ending when it comes on boost :D Got a call from a mate coming into the city on Queens Rd. He reckoned it sounded alright lol.

Need to get some metho or something to get the sticker off that old mate put on. It's well and truly stuck on.

On Saturday was pleasantly surprised to see the hull will fit four rims and tyres even with the cage. The car's currently with Dan at Razz Automotive to get the RS4s fitted and Enkei's put on the car, and once that's done she's ready to go.

Next event is Circuit Club on 28th or Vivid on April 29th at Winton but if anyone knows of anything coming up at Sandown or Haunted Hills please let us know? Hanging to throw it round the track now :D

Comment

Originally posted by gmr View Post
            Keen to hear how you go mate. Would like to give Wakefield a go later this year, watched a lot of SXdevelopments videos that corner 1 sweeper looks hairy lol?

Got down to Sabbadin late Friday to pick up the boat and drop off the S15. Pretty stoked with the job Rob's done.

Seat, wheel and harness are in and Rob welded in the harness bar. Gave it a lick of black paint to make it a bit less garish than the original cream. Buying the Velo seat back in the day was/is still the best mod I've done. Prob should give the cover a wash actually there must be a few litres of butt sweat soaked into it by now lol. PS. the seats all the way back on the rail, once it's in the right spot the lap harness sits right.

We also threw out the linglong catch can and Rob welded up a proper one with speedflow lines/fittings draining back to the sump. Another customer has the same setup in his R33 and it's run for years without needing to tap the back of the head. RB's have issues holding oil up top and my fingers are crossed I'm as lucky.

Got a UVP from VicToads and drove the car home. The car feels really planted and is a ball to drive. The hardrace engine and trans mounts took out all the slop in the drivetrain and the ATS lsd is really smooth. Between the drivetrain whine with everything solid mounted and induction noise it sounds like the world ending when it comes on boost :D Got a call from a mate coming into the city on Queens Rd. He reckoned it sounded alright lol.

Need to get some metho or something to get the sticker off that old mate put on. It's well and truly stuck on.

On Saturday was pleasantly surprised to see the hull will fit four rims and tyres even with the cage. The car's currently with Dan at Razz Automotive to get the RS4s fitted and Enkei's put on the car, and once that's done she's ready to go.

Next event is Circuit Club on 28th or Vivid on April 29th at Winton but if anyone knows of anything coming up at Sandown or Haunted Hills please let us know? Hanging to throw it round the track now :D
            Haunted hills do a motorkhana the first Sunday of every month I think. Got cones out on the track so itís pretty tight tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
            VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

So I finally got off my backside and got this thing to Winton last weekend.

Picked up the car from RAZZ Automotive the evening before. Dan had re-done the alignment for me with some more camber and castor at the front. After 10 years of working for the owner Dan's bought the business and if any one needs mechanical work, tyres (performance, 4wd and standard) or a wheel alignment around Glen Waverley he's a top bloke.

First round of weight reduction done, reckon it dropped 5kg in dust and grime lol.

The plan was to leave Melbourne with nopics around 6pm and stay the night to get a good rest.. somehow we ended up leaving Melbourne at 10:30pm and pulled into Benalla around 1 in the morning :ugh2:

After a three year hiatus there was equal amounts of excitement and feeling like I was about to shit my dacks.

Took the first and second session very easy just getting accustomed to the car. Slowly built up more confidence as the day went on, but even at the latter sessions I was still underdrving it braking way too early and coasting into the sweeper and the s. Nopics came for a run in the first session and afterward asked why we spent the entire first session warming up :knock:

Ended up with a 1:44.6 for my efforts which I was happy with. There's so much in the car once I grow a bigger sack and the car itself was fantastic. It didn't push 98 deg C all day and the only issue that needs attention is the gearbox with 3rd to fourth being shagged which we knew about. Rob Sabbadin's got the new RB25 box that we'd bought for the S15 which we'll now keep for the boat once the current gearbox shits itself completely.

Overall I'm rapt with the car and can't wait to get back to Winton.

Until then the next voyage is Skylines Australia motorkhana in Kilsyth on 23/06, can't wait :D

Comment

Well done, always good to get that 1st day out of the way. I see you stayed at the caravan park, I hope the heater was working!

Adam
                Sandown 1.23.31
                Calder 1.05.76
                Phillip Island 1.47.95
                Winton 1.33.30
                H/Hills hill climb 1.03.3(FG XR6T)
                Bathurst 2.47.49

Comment

see you there on the 23rd

Comment

Originally posted by adamRSLC View Post
                    Well done, always good to get that 1st day out of the way. I see you stayed at the caravan park, I hope the heater was working!

Adam
                    Hahah the lady turned it on for us thank god, tits cold :s

Comment

Skylines Australia VIC held their first event at Metec Driver Centre in Bayswater and having been to a bunch of their DECA days when they still ran in Shepparton I was keen to give it a crack.

The guys put up four street courses and the skidpan. Apart from the long que times which is to be expected for a first go, the centre is awesome and SAU VIC put on a great day. Nothing like a sanga in bread on a cold wet day lol.

The car is so fun to hoon around in :D

Yespics had fun and is becoming a bit of track day pro. She jumps in to strap the car and get the car on and off the trailer, and helps check over the car. The harness and seat are all adjustable and idea all along has been to get her behind the wheel eventually.

In other news have found a 1.5 car garage around the corner from our place for lease. Get the key end of July and it has been a long time since I've had the space to work on my own cars. Once the hull has been descaled it's time for the boat to go on a diet, as well as replace the gearbox which is well and truly on its last legs.

Comment

Originally posted by dougmo View Post
                        see you there on the 23rd
                        How did you go Doug, which car were you in mate?

Comment

had a good time mate, i was in the starlet, 2 x 7ths, a 9th and a 15th outright on the stages so i was happy with that for a 70kw car lol

Comment

This thing has been collecting dust and doing a good job as a gym for the neighbours cat since July.

Have been flat out with work and it took me 2 weeks just to remove, charge and reinstall the battery :knock:

Got a UVP and over the weekend put a fresh tank of E85 in it, gave it a bath and moved it around the corner to the garage I'm leasing. All it really needs is oil and brake fluid change, but also bought some Hard-Race camber and traction arms and will drop the subframe to replace the bushings as the car's still a bit squirmy under acceleration.

Contemplating putting rego on it as it is really fun to hoon around in and I miss driving it between trackdays.

Comment

I hadn't seen this thread before ! Looks good. Having the car registered does make it a lot easier. Especially for road testing things before hitting the track.

Comment

Really like this idea of this.... looks like heaps of fun
                                Find your Freedom
                                Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
                                www.FreedomFunding.com.au
                                www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
                                If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Working...
                                X