Porsche 934 Rep. Ex Porsche Cup car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great impulse buy! I've seen it run at Noosa Hillclimb the last couple of years. It's a fast machine. Looks and sounds good too. Enjoy!

Comment

Bloke with good taste in cars continue to have good taste in cars.

Awesome buy.

Comment

Find an account called "Petal911" on instagram. It belongs to David Withers, who has been racing Porsches since the late 80s. I'm sure he'll have a picture somewhere.
        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
          Found any pictures of this racing yet?
          I posted one in the other thread of it racing a couple of weeks back.

Edit: This one

Comment

I had a look at his account. I couldnít find any shots of if.
            Originally posted by S
            I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Took the intake pipe off yesterday to remove the stupid BOV. He who can weld did his thing and welded on a small section of plate so if I need to set up a boost reference port later on I can drill and tap it.
              Oh and he rolled a bead in the end of the pipe to help stop the pipes from blowing off.

Next plan it get it on a dyno to check the tune. While we are there Iíd like to see if we can set some 2 step up. The V88 should run it but I need to work out the best way of triggering it. Clutch pedal switch maybe?
              Oh and it needs less muffler.
              Originally posted by S

Comment

Mister, you cars good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Lowrrryyy View Post
                  I had a look at his account. I couldnít find any shots of if.
                  Sorry, I should have been clearer - I meant he might have a picture at home. He's been racing Porsches, including Porsche Cup/Nations Cup since the 80s.

He's late 70s, so I don't expect him to have his life on instagram yet!
                  "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                  (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                  Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Just got back from the dyno after checking the tune before the 800mtr event. My go to guy Benny from Benchmark solutions stayed back for me after hours to get the car on the rollers. We started out with 303rwkw and after him fixing up the drivability of the car we did a couple of power runs. In the end we came out with 334RWKW or 447RWHP so about 700USRWHP. The key here is we picked up 150nm to torque in the midrange. With a new turbo and bigger injectors there is probably another lazy 50RWKW floating around but whatever.
                    Once the 1/2mile thing is done Iím going to pull it down and clean up all the old shit floating around and look at a WTA intercooler set up for it. The current intercooler is pretty bunky.
                    Originally posted by S

Comment

benny does a good job, nice result too

Comment

Nice :thumbs-up:
                        GAS 260Z RB26DET
                        GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/martin.upen...2337899117763/

Best I can do for video.
                          Originally posted by S

Comment

Very nice, should be lively to drive.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL I rolled onto it in 2nd as I entered a on ramp last night and it spun so quickly it bounced off the limiter before I had a chance to up shift. Iím not sure if Iím just used to slow cars again or itís a bit fast.
                              Originally posted by S

Comment

needs more vids that work
                                '84 Supra 7MGTE
                                '86 Supra 2JZGE track
                                '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
                                '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
                                Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

Working...
                                X