Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

rally car: brap edition

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work!

Comment

Forget spraying water outside the engine! Water injection plus E85 would be my idea of keeping a turbo rotor cool.

Comment

If you do tinker with IC spray (which work great on top mount IC), the VN and VP washer bottle pump puts out 40psi and is $10 from all your local wreckers.

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post
          Forget spraying water outside the engine! Water injection plus E85 would be my idea of keeping a turbo rotor cool.
          So instead of towing a trailer full of water you will tow a trailer full of E85!? :D

Comment

I hear these have cooling issues. I feel you really should address these cooling issues.
            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Just seen Ed post up that it was sold.
              Seems to be a well sorted car.
              Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

Just be aware of the rules for rally, water injection is not permitted. [emoji52]

Comment

Originally posted by AlexinPerth View Post
                  Just be aware of the rules for rally, water injection is not permitted. [emoji52]
                  Intercooler water sprays with really big pumps and hoses that run past the inlet pipes are fine...
                  Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

ok so dirt track events are 10/10 hilarity. like the PF skidpan days but on quite a large clay base track.

wasn't allowed dirt tyres so put the street ones. the long travel suspension makes it harder than the 911's etc because you can't just jack up one side from one point- have to go wheel to wheel.

registered and put some plates on it, went to servo to pump up tyres and top up fuel:

that's the first time i drove it. kept driving it out to QR and it seemed to go ok on motorway, soaks up the bumps of the shitty qld roads, but still points really well.

eclectic line up for the dirt track. very fun casual day.

all sorts of late model stockish car were out; old mate in the FG was having a ball. don't need anything special, just a car you don't mind washing dust off.
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

This is excellent!

Comment

What suspension is it running? Can you not just jack the rear end up under the diff?

Well done but.

Comment

Originally posted by Tardinator View Post
                          What suspension is it running? Can you not just jack the rear end up under the diff?

Well done but.
                          probably, was just a minor inconvenience though.
                          has some custom MCA golds. remote reservoirs and the whole shebang. previous O worked closely with murray coote apparently.
                          rides well to say the least

Comment

MCA is the fucking business! Enjoy!

Comment

i'm probably the only idiot who washes their rally car after it's been used

can't help it, too used to washing shit after track events haha

Comment

oh.. smee's clean rally car club now has another member, taking total membership to 2 :)

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                                2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Working...
                                X