Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

rally car: brap edition

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rally car: brap edition

earlier in the year i had to sell off my time capsule spec s3 RX7 (as well as an e36 m3, E9 CSi, and 2002 amongst other things in clutchmonkey's great fire sale of 2018), leaving a figurative rotary sized empty space in my life and a literal empty space in the garage.

i had been toying with the idea of another rotary at some point that i could tinker with, and at the same time was thinking of trying out some tarmac rallies or gravel rallies.
    the green 2002 shell i had fitted with m42 and steering rack was going to be built for this but the scale of the work needed, whilst possible, just wasn't going to happen with the small amount of spare time i had.

so it got sold off, and then something popped up that could a) be ready to roll with minor cleaning up, and b) would fill both rally and rotary needs.
    went and inspected it, old mate took me on a... spirited test drive.. struck a deal and home it came.

pic of it in former glory

log booked, caged, mod plated for everything- will have it registered shortly.
    entered in dirt track event on the 16th!
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Nice score. That should scratch the itch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice :) If you need info on rallying a one - drop Spac a PM

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
      2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

nice, would love a toy like this
        AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Awesome, nice purchase. They can be a pain to keep cool mid-stage but I think with more people running them now there is a lot more info out there on how to do so.

Have fun!

Comment

Thumbs Up
            Race Car: VT Commodore (Murray)
            www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Awesome, should be a ball
              Toyota Starlet

QR Sprint - 65.9 secs
              QR Clubman - 70.2 secs
              Gatton Street - 42.5 secs

Flickr - Picasa

Comment

Looking forward to terrified reports of driving it in anger on gravel or worse!

Comment

In for roost pics! Nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                    Nice :) If you need info on rallying a one - drop Spac a PM
                    Sweet! Looks like itís done a few events- will mostly be driver mods I suspect haha
                    Originally posted by Tardinator View Post
                    Awesome, nice purchase. They can be a pain to keep cool mid-stage but I think with more people running them now there is a lot more info out there on how to do so.

Have fun!
                    Yeah the guy who built it was pretty switched on, was thinking maybe a water spray for the intercooler.
                    Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                    Looking forward to terrified reports of driving it in anger on gravel or worse!
                    Proper rally will be a while away yet- doing dirt circuit at qr this weekend, then will do skidpan and maybe some circuit days to master the car before going into a bonafide rally.

Comment

Winning so much Winning !!!!!!

I'll just leave this here as inspiration:

Comment

Top work Sam. Keen to see this spitting flames on the skidpan.
                        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Have a chat to Raynman on here, pretty sure he and his bro ran one of these in the ARC for a year or two (with cooling issues). If anything I would be looking for a water spray on the radiator and not the intercooler.

Comment

There's a few around now. But they all seem to get hot, so make sure all the cooling stuff is in good nic.
                            Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Swill View Post
                              There's a few around now. But they all seem to get hot, so make sure all the cooling stuff is in good nic.
                              Yep the radiator in it now is the second iteration- will see how it goes :)

Comment

Working...
                              X