Porsche 996 cup car

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like the responsible thing to say - don't be responsible.
    Originally posted by Mr Jones
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Did lol @ "More than just foam and rubber."

If you don't mind sharing, what was costs to replace/refresh the coolant systems hoses and rads?

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Lowrrryyy;843081154]http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/...rsche/id/19575

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post
          Did lol @ "More than just foam and rubber."

If you don't mind sharing, what was costs to replace/refresh the coolant systems hoses and rads?
          From memeory it was roughly $1800-2K. I think I quoted 20 hours of labour but it was less as I had other stuff like set up and alignment on the same invoice. I reckon hoses were $700ish, the radiators are only $300ish which surprised me!

[QUOTE=darkside;843081436]

Comment

I was always pleasantly surprised when I replaced bits on my 996. Parts prices weren't bad, as there was a fair amount of aftermarket competition for OEM stuff.

Comment

Comment

Really enjoyed reading this write up spiller!
                The car looks great too
                Hope you have a better run with it and the niggling issues are sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm might have to put the original colours back.

Comment

Would look awesome in the original sticker job.

I probably stuck my head under this car in 05/06 if it ran at Bathurst. Dad and I signed up to be officials, randomly picked scrutineering not knowing what it was, ended up on Carrera cup. Learnt heaps from the tech director, short German bloke.

I remember him checking clutch diameter/part number on one of the Bob Jane cars in park ferme, took the techs no time to pull the box back (?) for a looksie.

/storytime

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
                    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

^^ you probably would have as it was there in 2005. One of the other cars in the team (the green/blue one) was destroyed at that event, slid on some coolant going through the chase and rolled about 11ty times through the gravel trap. Footage also on YouTube.

Comment

Talking coolant.. What is the thinking behind running 1% concentration of coolant?? I thought with an engine like that you would want all the protection you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spammy View Post
                          Talking coolant.. What is the thinking behind running 1% concentration of coolant?? I thought with an engine like that you would want all the protection you can get.
                          Coolant is more for corrosion and anti freeze rather than preventing overheating. It's also either not permitted, or strongly advised against on circuits.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
                                As I came back into the pits I was so elated that I yelled out a big woohoo whilst slapped the dash board repeatedly, as if me and the car were best buddies! Classic love-hate relationship. Anyone who saw me probably thought I was a bit weird.
                                That is literally, the fucking best :D I can feel the adulation.

Being a cold start lumpiness, does it have some sort of oil pressure or coolant temp trickery that won't let you get up it until those values are satisfied?

Comment

Working...
                                X