Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

997 GT3 Cup Car

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Gianormous. Perfect for lemons. LOLZ.

    Ben is a freak. Don’t feel bad comparing yourself to him. But maybe remind him he should have bought my car. Same speed. Cost peanuts to run.

    if Brookvale doesn’t work out or gets too xxxxy take it to Steve Brook at Cattai. Ben drove past the shed plenty of times on his way to my house. Steve has done a lot of 996 997 race prep for Brookvale anyhow. Good bloke. Really knows his stuff. Can replace ten modern data nerds Trackside, Has a LOAD of 997 spares too. On sensible budget with his BA11 wagon full of bits. The BA11 fits 12 Porsche 997 rims and tyres in it too. Bet you’ve never seen an AU Wagon doing that. LOLZ.

    Plans?
    You seem to know a lot Walt... wonder how Autohaus Hamilton stacks up? I only ask since they are a 15min walk from me. Convenient if the space/$ came round for one of these.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by gmx View Post

      You seem to know a lot Walt... wonder how Autohaus Hamilton stacks up? I only ask since they are a 15min walk from me. Convenient if the space/$ came round for one of these.
      Corse at Arndell Park is apparently pretty good. Autohaus is more generic stuff these days from what I hear.
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

      Comment


        #18
        AH Brookvale send their 996 997’s (on the quiet) to Steve Brook most of the time and often leave their race transporter there.

        in Mulgrave /McGraths Hill you have a race Porsche expert in Michael Newton and crew (who know a few 996 997 “secrets”). Have numerous handy spares too.

        Brilliant one off fabricator Bruce in same street. Aspinwall or similar?

        Michael N works pretty closely with “Black” Mick from Corse. Who is a 100% top bloke but I’m not sure he does 996 / 997?

        All three are good. I’d probably try SB first with what you want to do with this 997. He’s a one man band and no rent or staff to maintain. But HEAPS of experience. Some cool stories too if he opens up. If you take it to Bathurst take him.

        If if you want to do 12 Hr and have $150k for the weekend take Michael and his boys. They have the gear, the knowledge and the experience.
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
        I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

        Comment


          #19
          Clarification
          RACE 996 / 997
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
          I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

          Comment


            #20
            Pretty sure Corse do race 996/997. Plenty of pics of them on their website.
            CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

            Comment


              #21
              Right, I see. AH moved from Brookvale to Chatswood a while ago. They leave a van and hauler in the tennis carpark across the road sometimes, lol.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                Pretty sure Corse do race 996/997. Plenty of pics of them on their website.

                I just checked website. Not only are you right but now I think about it I that C0rse car was front of the pack.

                I was going from memory before sorry.

                Mick has a very wide range of awesomeness in the shop so a normal car like a 996 997 kinda gets lost amongst the Group A, Group C and early 60’s Alfa’s etc etc.

                Colin B0nd was there working on the C@ltex Sierra Cosworth last time I was there. It was a while ago.

                Corse would easily handle the OP car. But he does have overheads to cover if you use him for a track day whereas Steve Brook owns his premises and his BA11 Wagon. Lolz. Would be price competitive.
                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
                  ...Steve Brook owns his premises and his BA11 Wagon. Lolz. Would be price competitive.
                  Sorry Morgs. I should have explained myself better . It’s not just that Steve Brooks would be cheaper but he’s the perfect trackside support because he understands why the car is doing what it is doing and how to improve it for you as a driver. He did his time as an apprentice mechanic on Porsche’s at Lennicks. Well they didn’t have Porsche badges . But they did have VW beetle badges and we all know that in 997 like a hotted up 1962 Volkswagen beetle.

                  Steve honed his skills on F Vee and then AFF where he become Australian Champion s a Formula Ford driver and “engineer”

                  He did well as a Driver after AFF too and Frank Gardiner employed him and gave him numerous drives in the JPS BMW 6 coupe at times with World Champion Formula One driver Denny Hulme.

                  Steve also campaigned an RX-7. It was the Perrier RX-7. It’s hilarious to see him in his shop in legend clothing like the authentic but VERY well worn.Perrier jacket.

                  He’s a lovely genuine bloke who is perfect as trackside support (although I never got to do that with him) and he has a million stories IF YOU ASK and join in the fun.

                  Dead set.





                  Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                  I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    This new forum setup does my head in. iPad spits dummy continuously.

                    Can’t find any pics of Perrier RX-7 but here’s the beemer. Cool car.

                    Attached Files
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                    I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Such an awesome toy. :Look forward to seeing the progress you make Morgs.
                      I climbed Mt Druitt

                      Comment


                        #26
                        fli355 was telling me tales of this #winning. And oh how I do approve. Awesome rig dude One day... !

                        Engine must be fucking healthy. That is QUICK.

                        FWIW Michael Newton - comes highly recommended from every Carrera Cupper.

                        Autohaus - decidedly do NOT. In-fact, many a Mick Newton customer are ex Autohaus, for a reason.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
                          Gianormous. Perfect for lemons. LOLZ.

                          Ben is a freak. Don’t feel bad comparing yourself to him. But maybe remind him he should have bought my car. Same speed. Cost peanuts to run.

                          if Brookvale doesn’t work out or gets too xxxxy take it to Steve Brook at Cattai. Ben drove past the shed plenty of times on his way to my house. Steve has done a lot of 996 997 race prep for Brookvale anyhow. Good bloke. Really knows his stuff. Can replace ten modern data nerds Trackside, Has a LOAD of 997 spares too. On sensible budget with his BA11 wagon full of bits. The BA11 fits 12 Porsche 997 rims and tyres in it too. Bet you’ve never seen an AU Wagon doing that. LOLZ.

                          Plans?
                          steve was working for PR from memory for a while or someone at brookvale anyway, before that Him and my dad were looking after Steve bournes' 996, i worked for steve back in the late 90s lol
                          Last edited by 10sec rx7; 22-10-19, 07:31 PM.
                          im a cunt
                          and apparently i dont know shit...

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
                            This new forum setup does my head in. iPad spits dummy continuously.

                            Can’t find any pics of Perrier RX-7 but here’s the beemer. Cool car.
                            how many photos do you want? it lived in my garage for a long time.. as did the alfa sud and a heap of the others.. 82 he drove with Denny but he stuck it in the wall at the cutting.
                            Last edited by 10sec rx7; 23-10-19, 04:46 PM.
                            im a cunt
                            and apparently i dont know shit...

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Steve is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Can work on anything and everything and very reasonable on price.

                              I used to have a poster of him racing the Sud on my bedroom wall whem I was young digger.
                              .

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Spammy View Post
                                Steve is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Can work on anything and everything and very reasonable on price.

                                I used to have a poster of him racing the Sud on my bedroom wall whem I was young digger.
                                my memory is no so great these days but that would have been one of the first times i meet you when you had your V out there?
                                im a cunt
                                and apparently i dont know shit...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X