97 MX5 Group 2f race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
    The rear wing is ok for prod sports.....
    Not for 2f...
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

The new look for 2021 sure is bright!! While I’m not usually a fan of yellow it certainly works for a race car and I love the contrast with the bronze wheels. It feels like my own now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B74272C3-0E8A-4430-9F76-2AD2EFADC7E6.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	7200030Click image for larger version

Name:	1CBC2392-A132-445F-B150-7F5EFD081641.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	7200029Click image for larger version

Name:	63C899C9-0DB8-4A1E-8926-981E634542E1.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	7200028Click image for larger version

Name:	7EFF0CCF-2F09-4B15-9A04-B0033104ACB2.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	7200027

My Italian 510

Comment

True, not for 2f, but fine for 2b, which can be cheaper to build a car to, and more importantly maintain, with the extra freedoms given.

That safety yellow certainly is bright, and you won't be hard to see on the track.

Looks very neat and tidy.

Was it a full wrap, or half wrap, and can I ask how much? I'm still tossing up whether to paint and sticker or just wrap my S14 when it finally is ready for colour. I'm lucky I just want a plain white so is the cheapest colour to paint.

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
          True, not for 2f, but fine for 2b, which can be cheaper to build a car to, and more importantly maintain, with the extra freedoms given.

That safety yellow certainly is bright, and you won't be hard to see on the track.

Looks very neat and tidy.

Was it a full wrap, or half wrap, and can I ask how much? I'm still tossing up whether to paint and sticker or just wrap my S14 when it finally is ready for colour. I'm lucky I just want a plain white so is the cheapest colour to paint.
          Not sure if I can fully agree there. Cheaper for easy seconds under 2b, but less competition, more expensive and certainly higher costs for maintenance. As fun as turbo cars are, maintenance wise I've learnt from experience they're outside my budget for a circuit race car. Pretty sure Cal would agree too having been involved with both 2b and 2f cars.

It's a full wrap. It cost me $1360 which is farking cheap for a wrap! Up close there's imperfections, but that's because it's been a race car for near 20 years with stone chips. But it looks great from 2 metres. I had quotes from $1800 to $3500.

My Italian 510

Comment

That is cheap for a wrap. And yeah race cars only need to look good from the side of the track.

Cost wise, the freer categories are generally cheaper than more tightly regulated, but yes definately agree that costs can spiral out of control if you want the trophy.

Way back when I played in street sedans in NSW, the cheating was legendary, and hugely expensive, as was playing at the front, like brand new buffed tyres every meeting. Engines lasting half a season as they were wound up so much, people buying multiple sets of parts to get the closest matching within allowed tolerances for pistons and rods for example. I was happy to play in the little class in my dirty Datsun up against the chook cookers. But even doing that cheaply got expensive.....

It becomes a big rabbit hole to fall down very quickly if you want it to.

Comment

Working...
            X