Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Make a stand for your letter box.

2. Make pogo shoes.

3. Super huge snake in a jar to scare your family/friends.

4. Bouncy bummer for the front of the buggy.

5. Profit. $$$$

Easy.
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Well I haven't posted any updates for a while mainly because things had ground to a halt due to weather.

That excuse lasted for a while so I went out and got some aluminium sheet to fabricate a fuel tank and got all the fuel system components which I started on last week, BUT, I managed to get either a heat or radiation burn on my tig torch hand
      some time prior to that was just a water blister and no big deal I thought.

Until a few weeks later I notice a reddish swelling on my hand which kept getting bigger.
      So off to the quack I went and took one look at it and said yep, skin cancer.
      Lucky for me he has done a years worth of follow up studies on the subject so he knows his shit.

So yesterday he remove the lump which was about 15mm diameter and about 10mm deep and an area between my small finger and almost up to my wrist
      and did a small skin graft to pull it back together.

So now I can't move my hand much and can't get it wet for at least a week until it starts to heal.
      It was Squamous Cell Carcinoma which are pretty common evidently
      So FYI
      Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin is a common form of skin cancer that develops in the squamous cells that make up the middle and outer layers of the skin.

Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin is usually not life-threatening, though it can be aggressive.
      Untreated, squamous cell carcinoma of the skin can grow large or spread to other parts of your body, causing serious complications.
      Most squamous cell carcinomas of the skin result from prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, either from sunlight or from tanning beds or lamps.
      Avoiding UV light helps reduce your risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the skin and other forms of skin cancer.

Being a cancer survivor already, then anytime that they mention Mr.C you shit bricks again.

So I will have a go at welding my fuel tank in a week or so

Click image for larger version  Name:	surgery (2).jpg Views:	61 Size:	918.5 KB ID:	7268662
      Last edited by Dingo745; 08-07-21, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I dare say there is nothing I can tell you about cancer, none the less, take care fella.
        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Bugger! Glad your on the mend.

Time to learn to jack it left handed. (to soon?)
          Mmmmmmmmm beer.

You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Malcolm O's latest mad project if you need something to do after this one, a Mercury V6 into a bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Mini View Post
              Malcolm O's latest mad project if you need something to do after this one, a Mercury V6 into a bike!

I had seen bits of it on Pootube but not my cup of tea

Comment

So not much has been happening with the car in the last few weeks/months due to weather, fucked up hand and complete lack of motivation.

But I did knock together a baby trailer for the baby car and put it down on the ground for the first time to get a better idea of how it is coming along.
                ATM I am waiting on a friend to weld up my fuel tank so I can get the fuel system plumbed up and then the fun job of wiring and first fire up before tear down for paint
                Living close to the ocean has made everything rust during the break, which sucks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OffStand2 (5).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	7290478Click image for larger version

Name:	OffStand2 (6).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	7290479Click image for larger version

Name:	OffStand2 (2).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	7290481Click image for larger version

Name:	TrailerMod (2).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	7290480

Comment

Great work! Amazing in fact!

PS shell out and put a proper seat in it! Bugger sitting on a go kart seat.
                  Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
                    Great work! Amazing in fact!

PS shell out and put a proper seat in it! Bugger sitting on a go kart seat.
                    Not built for comfort, plus I had a couple of kart seats laying around, so no cost =
                    Plus it looks much like a big go-kart anyhow .
                    Last edited by Dingo745; 04-09-21, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Well a slight change of plans has arisen.

I happened upon a Series 3 Clubman chassis which I swooped on because I knew the limitations of me and the car that I have been building,
                      and how much more suitable a road/track build would be better for me in the long run.

I intend to keep a lot of the parts from my build for the clubby, like wheels, shocks, front brakes.
                      But the rest like the complete K4 GSXR1000R engine with all the essentials to get going and the chassis are up for grabs if anyone wants a project.
                      The chassis will not fit anyone over "average medium build and up to possibly 6 foot, but the roll cage has not been welded on yet so there is some allowance there.

I will be doing a road trip to Melbourne to pick up the chassis when the border restrictions allow, so I could deliver to the Melbourne area in the same trip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Da Clubby.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	7294509
                      The flying clubby

Comment

I was really looking forward to seeing the little one going - been a really interesting build so far. But I also appreciate the interest in a more versatile platform. Hopefully we see the clubby take shape here now.

Comment

Motor is sold to one happy forum member

Comment

Working...
                          X