Toyota Celica Endurance Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dougmo View Post
    i missed this thread, a neil engine is high on my want list when i go to a 2zz
    Can vouch for, it's a cracker.

Plan ahead - he told me he has 18 engines queued up waiting for him to build. Apparently he built one for Adrian Newey - fair tick of approval there!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210224_221945.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	951.6 KB
ID:	7232918
      It doesn't look very exciting but it's a kinda cool thing we came up with to help with a transport issue.

The guard height on the trailer I use plus the width of the car means that you can't get in the car through the door when it is on the trailer. Going in through the boot is doable, but pretty awkward so we came up with this solution to operate the passengers window. Two relays that when operated disconnect the window from the rest of the car and power it via a small battery with a rocker switch in the boot. The battery in the boot is a hand held one for this purpose only - it doesn't live in the car when it is competing.

Put on trailer, hop out through the passengers window, connect battery and wind up window. Simples.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
        I nearly forgot - Is there a VIN code stamped into the firewall? I seem to remember there wasn't, so they could never be registered and I think I remember hearing that when their life in Toyota racing was over they'd be crushed.
        Found out some history today.

The #13 car was the engineering car. Colin still owns it today in as last raced condition. Natsoft says that would have been the end of the 2009 season. They moved onto Mazda 3's and are currently running Renaults.

My car was nominally a Toyota press fleet car, but basically Coral Taylor's personal car.

Colin is running at this years event so we will have a reunion of sorts. Neil T and Trevor K will also be at the event which is handy as it gives me a few wise heads if something unexpected pops up.

Comment

6ft 3in tall pit crew members only just fit in the back of Ford Everests and other amusing tales from the Bathurst 6hr coming shortly.
          Originally posted by Stix Z
          i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
          Originally posted by Jim
          Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Good luck for this weekend, fella

Ill be trying to find a stream to cheer you on

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
              Good luck for this weekend, fella

Ill be trying to find a stream to cheer you on
              Cheers!

Stream via 7 Plus or Motorsport TV.

It's stupid o'clock in the morning and I've woken up and the brain won't switch off.

It's been a huge few weeks leading up to the event. A number of last minute headaches - radios and anything involving freight has been a challenge. Lesson learnt is the need to delegate lots of tasks, as often simple things end up taking an unexpected amount of time.

Yesterday was a big day. 530am departure from Melbourne for an early afternoon arrival at the track and unloading and setting up as much as we could. We are very early in the scrutineering queue today so that will shape how our day goes. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health. Apparently a number of scrutineers (and other officials and I expect teams) are caught up in the Brisbane lockdown which makes things hard.

It's been nice meeting the previous owner of the car, as well as one of the drivers who has spent a lot of time in it. Happy memories in general.

Any PFers at the event please feel welcome to swing by and have a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by 36 View Post

Cheers!

Stream via 7 Plus or Motorsport TV.

It's stupid o'clock in the morning and I've woken up and the brain won't switch off.

It's been a huge few weeks leading up to the event. A number of last minute headaches - radios and anything involving freight has been a challenge. Lesson learnt is the need to delegate lots of tasks, as often simple things end up taking an unexpected amount of time.

Yesterday was a big day. 530am departure from Melbourne for an early afternoon arrival at the track and unloading and setting up as much as we could. We are very early in the scrutineering queue today so that will shape how our day goes. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health. Apparently a number of scrutineers (and other officials and I expect teams) are caught up in the Brisbane lockdown which makes things hard.

It's been nice meeting the previous owner of the car, as well as one of the drivers who has spent a lot of time in it. Happy memories in general.

Any PFers at the event please feel welcome to swing by and have a chat.
                I just saw that Sky TV in NZ has picked up the event for the FIRST time ever!!!! So I am all good in that regard hehe

I can only imagine how hard it must be to get things ticked off your lis, with everything taking so much longer in these covid times.

Ill be cheering your car on from the comfiort of my couch all weekend

Best of luck that scrutineering goes smoothly, and that the event goes as well as possible

Comment

Good luck this weekend 36. Glad you are living your dream!

Comment

What He said ^^
                    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

36 has not provided dog hair free team jackets. Another delegating fail.

If you’re in the pits we’re in garage 14. SOS socks... I’ve lost feeling in my toes.
                      i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post
                        36 has not provided dog hair free team jackets. Another delegating fail.

If you’re in the pits we’re in garage 14. SOS socks... I’ve lost feeling in my toes.
                        How cold is it there at the mo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

How cold is it there at the mo?
                          Was about 5 degrees at 4am. Meant to be mid to high 20s during the day for the rest of the week.
                          Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington View Post

Was about 5 degrees at 4am. Meant to be mid to high 20s during the day for the rest of the week.
                            Thats 3 degress warmer than it was here this morning haha.

Glad to hear that its looking fine for the rest of the event...How is practice going so far?

Comment

First practice was a disaster. The car had a nasty vibration and a misfire so we got no real running in of value.

The vibration was easy enough to fix - wheel - but the misfire was a headache. The Motec generated an error which pointed at fuel injectors but the actual issue was sensor related. We would have been in deep trouble without some help from the guru Neil.

Second practice was much better. Dad and David are both comfortable in the car, I need more laps as my only running was a few interrupted laps in P1. Lap times arent anything exciting yet but there is plenty more speed in the car, objective for the day is driver happiness/comfort than outright speed.

The track is amazing, challenging and so steep. Amazing experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 36 View Post
                                First practice was a disaster. The car had a nasty vibration and a misfire so we got no real running in of value.

The vibration was easy enough to fix - wheel - but the misfire was a headache. The Motec generated an error which pointed at fuel injectors but the actual issue was sensor related. We would have been in deep trouble without some help from the guru Neil.

Second practice was much better. Dad and David are both comfortable in the car, I need more laps as my only running was a few interrupted laps in P1. Lap times arent anything exciting yet but there is plenty more speed in the car, objective for the day is driver happiness/comfort than outright speed.

The track is amazing, challenging and so steep. Amazing experience.
                                Sorry to har that it wasnt smooth sailing yesterday, but hopefully today is a better one

I was following your times in the sessions and noticed lap count wasnt high, so wondered if you had run into issues

Best of luck for today...Ill be glued to the TV

Comment

Working...
                                X