Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Celica Endurance Race Car

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    I have become the team mascot since my daughter seems to have given me the plague.

    A couple of niggles, 36 is all over it.

    I went and asked a couple of teams for some sponsor stickers etc for a friend that’s in a wheelchair. He told me he wants to sticker bomb it. Every team couldn’t have been more helpful. Winning.
    Originally posted by Stix Z
    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
    Originally posted by Jim
    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Paddington View Post
      I have become the team mascot since my daughter seems to have given me the plague.

      A couple of niggles, 36 is all over it.

      I went and asked a couple of teams for some sponsor stickers etc for a friend that’s in a wheelchair. He told me he wants to sticker bomb it. Every team couldn’t have been more helpful. Winning.
      If you haven't already see Shane Fowler of Shane's Signs in garage 11, helping Phil Alexander with the Road to Bathurst entry. He has been doing a fair bit of work on plenty of cars, so may have some extra stickers not needed.

      And good result.on getting through qually. The car also got a bit of coverage during the qually session on 7 plus.

      Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly for you all.

      Comment


        #78
        Great job in quali, indeed

        Best of luck for the race today....Go 36!!!

        Comment


          #79
          That didn’t look good, car appears very bent but no replay or word on how the driver is
          Originally posted by Rdyno
          It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

          Comment


            #80
            My thoughts too. No info

            Gutted for them

            Hope the pilot is doing ok

            Comment


              #81
              Sorry to see the shunt, fellas.
              Originally posted by brewdles
              In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

              Comment


                #82
                They showed a bit more during the 1 hour update, driver climbing into the medical car under their own power.
                Originally posted by Rdyno
                It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Glad to hear he was up and talking. Thanks for that update

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Car bent.
                    Everyone ok.
                    Mega quantity of beers will be consumed tonight.
                    I shit you not, 36 just got gearboxed.
                    Originally posted by Stix Z
                    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                    Originally posted by Jim
                    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Stix Z
                      i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Stix Z
                        i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Aw man, sad to hear....
                          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

                          Comment


                            #88
                            What a shame. I missed the first couple of hours and was keeping an eye out for the car. Sorry to hear but glad everyone is ok.
                            Sutherland Shires #1 Escort? is that like being the 4th best prostitute in Kazahkstan?

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Well, the race was a bit disappointing.

                              It's a track where small mistakes can have big consequences, and we got bitten hard. Thankfullfiy Dad is ok, but the car is pretty second hand. Detailed diagnosis still to come - but I suspect a bent chassis rail, probably a cracked gearbox, plus all the obvious stuff. Hopefully the engine is ok. The rear floor is bent too, it will be a fair repair job. Am hoping the shocks have survived - having just paid a small fortune to rebuild them.

                              It's a challenging track, and everyone makes mistakes. It's part of motor racing, that sometimes you come home with a steering wheel and a pile of bent metal. Disappointing, but that's the game.

                              Gearboxing - yes! No powerchips involved here, but I did buy a gearbox from the previous owner of the car Colin who still owns the #13 sister car. #13 is sitting in his garage as it rolled off the trailer after the last race it did. I've now got quite the collection of Toyota gearboxes and parts for them. I need a bigger shed..

                              Was ace to meet a bunch of people who had driven/spannered on the car in the past. Generally pretty fond memories which is nice. One of the long time scrutineers was very complimentary - saying the car hadn't looked that good since the Osborne team were looking after it over a decade ago.

                              On the flip side, apart from a very short race, it was an absolutely brilliant weekend. Long hard days, but good days, and we learnt a lot. Basic things like refuelling are so much harder than at a normal race meeting. At a state level meeting you just drive up to the fuel dump and fill. Here, it involves 3 people in fireproof gear. Everything is bigger and takes more time than you expect, and that's part of the challenge.

                              In our section of the pit lane garages, there was 8 cars. 2 of them finished the race. It was a stark reminder of how big an achievement finishing is.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by 36 View Post
                                Well, the race was a bit disappointing.

                                It's a track where small mistakes can have big consequences, and we got bitten hard. Thankfullfiy Dad is ok, but the car is pretty second hand. Detailed diagnosis still to come - but I suspect a bent chassis rail, probably a cracked gearbox, plus all the obvious stuff. Hopefully the engine is ok. The rear floor is bent too, it will be a fair repair job. Am hoping the shocks have survived - having just paid a small fortune to rebuild them.

                                It's a challenging track, and everyone makes mistakes. It's part of motor racing, that sometimes you come home with a steering wheel and a pile of bent metal. Disappointing, but that's the game.

                                Gearboxing - yes! No powerchips involved here, but I did buy a gearbox from the previous owner of the car Colin who still owns the #13 sister car. #13 is sitting in his garage as it rolled off the trailer after the last race it did. I've now got quite the collection of Toyota gearboxes and parts for them. I need a bigger shed..

                                Was ace to meet a bunch of people who had driven/spannered on the car in the past. Generally pretty fond memories which is nice. One of the long time scrutineers was very complimentary - saying the car hadn't looked that good since the Osborne team were looking after it over a decade ago.

                                On the flip side, apart from a very short race, it was an absolutely brilliant weekend. Long hard days, but good days, and we learnt a lot. Basic things like refuelling are so much harder than at a normal race meeting. At a state level meeting you just drive up to the fuel dump and fill. Here, it involves 3 people in fireproof gear. Everything is bigger and takes more time than you expect, and that's part of the challenge.

                                In our section of the pit lane garages, there was 8 cars. 2 of them finished the race. It was a stark reminder of how big an achievement finishing is.
                                Glad to hear that your Dad is ok, and hopefully the car can be repaired without too many unforeseen problems.

                                I also just want to take my hat off to you for giving it a go. The amount of time, money, and effort you and your team have put in since getting the car was really impressive, and I was really hoping to be able to cheer you on during the event.

                                Needless to say, I was really feeling for you yesterday

                                Best of luck for the rebuild fella

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X