No announcement yet.

2009 Mercedes SLK 350 Road Registered Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling mods done, pic is of the transmission thermostat arrangement. Other than fitting a seat and belt that's about it, do have a big rear brake kit on order so I'm just hoping that the big brakes do not mess up the ABS. Present plan is to run with stability control switched off but apparently that does not delete the function completely.There are several ways to do that but it involves the ABS too so we'll see. Pic is looking down from the top R front side, see radiator.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0906.JPG Views:	0 Size:	411.7 KB ID:	7302060
    Last edited by CheapDick; 08-10-21, 07:46 PM.
    Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

Comment

Id be surprised if the DSC/ESC doesn’t fully off in a low
      CoG pseudo sports car. It only stays on for roll mitigation on SUVs. Any of the late model sports cars I’ve driven will allow full shutdown and big drifts. And they all have at least 3 levels of it too- key on condition (no yaw), sports mode (a dangerously small amount of yaw), and off (cut sick).

what’s the theory with changing the rear brakes? What have you changed that changes the F-R weight transfer?

Comment

If replacing the seat with a fixed/raceseat, why not chuck in some eye bolts and strap a harness in? As long as you have the stock belt still in place, you can drive on the road, and then clip the harness in for track sessions....
        Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
        Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
          Id be surprised if the DSC/ESC doesn’t fully off in a low
          CoG pseudo sports car. It only stays on for roll mitigation on SUVs. Any of the late model sports cars I’ve driven will allow full shutdown and big drifts. And they all have at least 3 levels of it too- key on condition (no yaw), sports mode (a dangerously small amount of yaw), and off (cut sick).

what’s the theory with changing the rear brakes? What have you changed that changes the F-R weight transfer?
          Nothing changed as far as weight distribution goes but the front/rear brake ratio has. Anyway I've decided to do what seems best for braking and see what all the dash lights say later.
          Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nafe View Post
            If replacing the seat with a fixed/raceseat, why not chuck in some eye bolts and strap a harness in? As long as you have the stock belt still in place, you can drive on the road, and then clip the harness in for track sessions....
            Problem is there is nothing obvious behind the seat to hook belts too. Guess I better start pulling plastic to have a look back there.
            Gimme mah $50 ya cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapDick View Post

Problem is there is nothing obvious behind the seat to hook belts too. Guess I better start pulling plastic to have a look back there.
              Im not too familiar with the structure in an SLK, but would have thought there would be something - but then how accessible it would be to drill holes and mount a backing plate etc could be an issue.....
              Nathan

Speed Shots Photography
              Official Photographer 2021 | Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships | Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour | Challenge Bathurst | MRF Tyres Australian Production Car Series

Comment

Working...
              X