MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the new Bosch 540 l/h pumps may be just enough for your setup?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Comment

Even a Walbro 460 will do 400rwkw on E85 - you're only GT35 yeah?
      '84 Supra 7MGTE
      '86 Supra 2JZGE track
      '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
      '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
      Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

a walbro 460 is no larger in diameter than the original supra's EFI pump, it will fit through the hanger hole. You will want to upgrade the power and ground wiring to the pump from the hanger, fairly easy to do

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
          You will want to upgrade the power and ground wiring to the pump from the hanger, fairly easy to do
          The efihardware kit is handy for this if just doing one or two; avoids having to source e85-safe wire/heat shrink/terminals separately.

Comment

Remember the tank is the same as all the RA60 etc tanks, so you can always get one of those for modding if you dont want to modify the MA61 tank.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

intank all the way. removes the stink and noise.

Comment

Thanks chaps. If I can get the flow I need from an in-tank pump I might as well go that way. I currently have a Walbro of some description in there (probably a 255?) so it might make sense to replace it with a bigger Walbro.
                Norbie!

Comment

Walbro 460 seems like the bee-knees on paper, but there are better options for current draw V's actual flow under pressure. Do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                    Thanks chaps. If I can get the flow I need from an in-tank pump I might as well go that way. I currently have a Walbro of some description in there (probably a 255?) so it might make sense to replace it with a bigger Walbro.
                    I've maxed out my 460, dear say you will too. Look for two pumps in, as Tim said, the Walbros are great but seems there are competitive products out there now days.

Comment

Fuck, why does this have to be so complicated. I just want to move a quantity of liquid a few metres, is that so hard??

The tank is already out of the car so I should pull out the hanger and see what I have to work with. Presumably I modified it to fit the Walbro but that was decades ago so I'm fucked if I can remember what I did. Hopefully nothing too sketchy, but you know...
                      Norbie!

Comment

I thought Douche-Works were the pump of choice these days?
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

DW300 or 400 with new bulkhead fitting on tank.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                            intank all the way. removes the stink and noise.
                            This. Single dw400/walbro 540 up to 650rwhp and twin up to 1100hp, mechanical for more than that. No need for externals and surge tanks in a street car anymore
                            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Something a bit different today, got a message from the panel shop saying I can come and pick up the last wheelarch flare. I'd almost forgotten about this - they'd accidentally damaged it just before I picked up the car 6+ months ago but said they'd fix it ASAP and let me know when it's ready. Possibly 6 months counts as "ASAP" when you're a panel shop, but I won't complain too much because I'm still miles away from re-assembling the body and this is going straight into storage!

Anyway I thought I'd give it a quick test fit to make sure it's still the right shape and all (they never explained what the "damage" actually was):

Looks fine to me! Nice and shiny too.

Anyway that's a bit of motivation for me to pull my finger out and get this thing back together. It's starting to feel like this project is dragging on a bit...
                              Norbie!

Comment

Schweet! Can't rush these things mang!

Just don't drop it off the hoist FFS!
                                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X