MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or get a custom set made by king springs?

Comment

Yeah those are better options than keeping what I have, but I'd really like some height adjustability!

Any idea what spring rate the Lovells are? I checked their product catalog and they don't list spring rates anywhere! Kings is the same but at least I can measure mine and calculate it. WTF is this, how are you supposed to decide if a spring is suitable without knowing any of its characteristics apart from its colour??
      Norbie!

Comment

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/m...ion-ma60-supra
        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Im not convinced that the stock lower eye bolt mount can sustain both spring and shock forces. The upper mount is pretty flimsy too.

Tie the cage into the upper mount and box it in and it shoudl be fine. Not sure on the lower mount though.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Yeah this is the style of thing I was talking about earlier, as above the design is a bit suspect as it puts forces where they weren't designed to go.
            Norbie!

Comment

is a BMW E30 rear adjustable spring kit that would work?

+3 wouldn't be keen using shock mount.
              www.holditflat.com

Comment

I just took some rough measurements of my Kings springs and came up with 200-210 lb/in (or ~3.7 kg/mm), which does ring a bell actually. That's really soft! At a guess I'd want at least 50% more than that, so around 300 lb/in. I'd love to know what the Lovells springs are but haven't been able to find the information anywhere.

E30 gear I haven't looked into, but if they have similar diameter springs it might be a thing! My springs are about 150mm outer diameter for reference.
                Norbie!

Comment

There was a kit built a while back that say on the upper spring mount and allowed for stock springs to be height adjustable.

Like this https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/58365-mx73-rear-adustible-springs-in-gx61/

Except the collar bolted to the upper spring perch using the bump stop bolt.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Yeah that BC Racing kit is supposedly still available.... I wonder if you can get just the rear spring setup? Might need to look into that.
                    Norbie!

Comment

Meanwhile I'm scraping the old paint and rust off the rear subframes:

It's a shit of a job but it has to be done, I'm not putting rusty crap back in my car. I'm trying to push through it as quick as I can so I can get the car back on its wheels, allowing other cars access to the hoist. Still a ways to go but I'm chipping away at it most days.

I'm trying to get all the replacement bushes together that I'll need but it looks like I don't have as many as I hoped. In fact I only seem to have new urethane bushes for the big subframe above, but nothing for the smaller subframe (the one the swaybar attaches to) and no control arm bushes at all. For now I'm going to put it back together with the old bushes but I think I'll need to do something about this at some point. That's assuming replacement bushes are even available any more?
                      Norbie!

Comment

https://superpro.com.au/tradeview/in...&cid=999500584

Comment

Nice one, thanks!
                          Norbie!

Comment

Supercheap currently has a sale on Superpro gear so I thought I'd pick up some new bushes for the rear suspension. I'm a bit confused about which ones to order for the rear control arms though, there appear to be two listings and it's not clear which one is correct:

SPF3180K
                            SPF1213K

I think one needs to re-use the original shell and the other doesn't, or something like that. Can anyone shed light on this? What's the difference and which one should I get?
                            Norbie!

Comment

i have the info, it was very confusing back in the day i can look it up when i get home. I remember specifically writing it down because it was a headfuck. well i hope i still have it.

mine were the ones that didnt need the shells, they ended up stuck in the control arm and i had to cut them out with a hacksaw, was a punish.
                              www.holditflat.com

Comment

Easy, have you touched the bushes yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X