Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keeping a spreadsheet is a scary thing to do, but once the project is finished, its a nice reminder of how much blood, sweat, and tears went into it.

    Very nice of them to give you some stickers for all of your financial contributions, too.

    This thing is so far from what could be considered a shitbox, so I wouldnt worry too much

    Comment


      yep, my bank records are enough to make me cry, I don't need a spreadsheet to tell me more details of the money spent on my shitboxes.

      You are a better man than me to track expenses like that.

      Comment


        $50k. Amateur!

        I console myself my telling myself that sooner or later the car will be worth what I spent on it. The Mini is almost there, the Valiant might almost be there in some post apocalyptic future where it's literally the only car left on earth.

        Still, it's better than spending $70k on a new daily every five years and copping the depreciation.

        Comment


          When I amortize what I have spent on the chugger over the time I have owned it roughly $6k a year isn't too bad I suppose.....

          But I still don't want to know the details......

          Comment


            I'm glad I have you blokes around to help me justify my terrible life choices.
            Norbie!

            Comment


              I kept a spreadsheet when I did the LS RX8; I wish I didn't.
              Next car I'm just gonna go back to my old method of only remembering the big expenses. Engine was this much, turbo that much.

              Comment


                What was the downside to having that information available?
                Norbie!

                Comment


                  Regret hahaha

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Bren View Post
                    Regret hahaha
                    Norbie!

                    Comment


                      Oh I almost forgot, I did an actual thing on my actual car the other day! It's not much, but with my latest Speedflow shipment I was able to close the last gap in the fuel lines under the car:





                      I still need to clamp it all down with some P clips but other than that it's basically done under there. I still have one more hose to finish in the engine bay, and then it's time for a pressure test.

                      Progress!
                      Norbie!

                      Comment


                        And thanks for giving me the detailed cost for fittings needed, WHICH I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW, for my S14 for 2021 when I finally get in the country and can get it going....

                        Glad Mr Purple and I can help by being enablers for your poor life decisions......

                        Comment


                          I kept a spreadsheet of costs when I originally bought the NOva, it did nothing except annoy me later. When Al did the swap I got to see it on invoices instead, that was no better so they are tucked away in one of the 2 display folders worth of receipts/resto pics/invoices etc that I have for it. I have no plans to add it all up.
                          Hide yo' wife!!!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                            I kept a spreadsheet of costs when I originally bought the NOva, it did nothing except annoy me later. When Al did the swap I got to see it on invoices instead, that was no better so they are tucked away in one of the 2 display folders worth of receipts/resto pics/invoices etc that I have for it. I have no plans to add it all up.
                            Same here, on both the MX5 and the 124 I started keeping a spreadsheet...but soon after abandoned that idea and went back to my old ways of keeping receipts and not adding up. Only way I can keep my insanity.
                            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

                            My Italian 510

                            Comment


                              I don't want to jinx myself but I think the fuel system is finished!

                              First I had to get the flex fuel sensor properly mounted on the chassis rail just in front of the hard lines. So a couple of nutserts and away we go:





                              With that in its final position I was able to cut the fuel hoses to length for the dual feed fuel rail:



                              Finally the return line was hooked up (top hard line) along with some P clips and hose separators to make sure there was no braided hose rubbing on anything:



                              The unconnected hard line is for the tank breather and will eventually be connected to a charcoal canister, but I don't have one yet so that will have to wait. Hopefully I can find a compact one that I can tuck away in this same area so it's not visible from above.

                              On the other end of the hard lines I hooked up the E85 safe rubber hose and routed it to the return pipe on the fuel tank, with some zip ties along the way to keep everything in place (no need to get too fancy with braided hose and P clips for this part):





                              Again the breather hasn't been hooked up yet but I can procrastinate on that one for a while so I will.

                              Overall I'm pretty happy with how this has worked out, it definitely looks the business! We'll see how much I like it after I do a pressure test, which hopefully will happen on the weekend. Or it might depending on how hot it is in the shed, 42 degrees forecast for Saturday...
                              Norbie!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X