X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff Norbster. Keep the faith :D

Comment

I have boost! I had to switch to parallel turbo mode (something is wrong with the sequential system) but now it runs 17psi no worries and it's FAST. I've spent all day driving around doing skids... ah it's good to be back. :D

I'm keen for another trip to Willowbank, I want to race one of these uppity Aristos!
      Norbie!

Comment

the doopra returning to the drags? This I gots to see, assuming it's some time after this coming weekend.

When for big turbos, though?
        Originally posted by 350stato
        100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Did you sort that rattle out?

Thanks for the help Sunday man!
          10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
          Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Thanks for the help on Sunday Norbie. Hey did you try to isolate that rattle?
            10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

That's strange, I didn't see Dennis' posts before my last reply?

EDIT: now I'm extra confused, I made the post below last night but its timestamp is 4 hours in the future! Perhaps the Supra is now so fast it has warped time?

Anyway no I haven't located the rattle, my plan is to ignore it for now and when I do the turbo swap I'll pull the timing gear apart and check out the tensioner bearing, crank pulley etc. And if that doesn't help I'll look into how much a bottom end rebuild will cost me.
              Norbie!

Comment

Turbo will happen when I'm feeling a bit more cashed up, I still need to finish paying for the cams and then I'll need more $$$ to allow for exhaust mods (there's a good chance my eBay manifold will foul something) plus other random bits like oil lines and such. Believe me I'm as keen as anyone else so it will happen as soon as possible!
                Norbie!

Comment

Yeah that is why I double posted. I posted once and didn't see my thread at the bottom so I posted again. But they both appeared above your last post??? WTF? Also that tensioner may be difficult to fix. It has something to do with the spring in it. That is the only moving part besides the bearing (which I replaced in mine and it still makes the noise). The prob is my belt is too short since I had to find a non stock one because of my AC delete. This prob rattle prob was known to Toyota which is why some 2JZ's have a dampener for the tensioner. We probably need to find one of those.
                  10.83 @ 125

Comment

what sorta noise are you hearing ?
                    is it a 'squeaky' rattle ?
                    you should be sweet without the damper , they only put those on manual supras afaik to stop the belt slipping due to fast downchanging etc.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Not double clutching like they should...
                      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by Rz
                        what sorta noise are you hearing ?
                        is it a 'squeaky' rattle ?
                        Nah it doesn't squeak, it's a mechanical clattering sort of noise like something is loose. There's a chance I have a rooted crank pulley, I need to pull it off and have a look.
                        Norbie!

Comment

New shiny bits for me! I stole a pair of brand new HKS 272 degree cams off LoTeC. It's way overkill for what I'm doing but I love the sound of a 2JZ with proper cams, Rz's car sounds angry. :D

Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie
                            Nah it doesn't squeak, it's a mechanical clattering sort of noise like something is loose. There's a chance I have a rooted crank pulley, I need to pull it off and have a look.
                            You sure it's not the flywheel? The "clattering" noise from the gear box region?

6spds are infamous for the clatter because of the flywheel.

Comment

everything v160 clatters like a motherfucker , i think this was a old noise though ?
                              272 ftw , you wont know its the same engine.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Yeah it was doing the same thing with the W58, and it's definitely coming from the front of the engine. I'm thinking cambelt tensioner or FUBAR'd harmonic balancer. I'll investigate when I do the turbo swap (in the next 2-3 weeks I hope).
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X