No announcement yet.

MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this not the car that nearly kneecapped you?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiahatsiu View Post
      This car just wanted to go sideways!
      Yes it did, and I gave it plenty of opportunities to do so!

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Was this not the car that nearly kneecapped you?!
      I think it was Tex I nearly kneecapped back in the day (remember that guy?) but these are fuzzy memories now so I could be wrong. It's also completely possible I kneecapped Ian on a different occasion and forgot.
      Norbie!

Comment

Time for another nostalgia post. On this day 17 years ago I brought my current white Supra home, complete with pink windscreen wipers and a 5M-E running on 5 cylinders:

It's hard to imagine now but this nicely presented and (just) driveable MA61 cost me $2100!

I remember being impressed that the interior was in such good shape, and looking at this photo I can see the bit of tape above the right dash vent which I could never get off and is still there today:

Within days of these photos being taken I pulled it to bits and swapped in the 2JZ and other mechanical bits from the blue Supra which had got a little bit bent somehow. The wipers got swapped too.
        Norbie!

Comment

It hard pink pin striping too.
          Torque sells tow cars.
          Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

And a pink g string under the seat.
            Though that could have been yours.
            Torque sells tow cars.
            Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

LOL I do recall the G string, that was a nice surprise while checking the condition of the boot.
              Norbie!

Comment

Hahaha, I remember the g banger under the seat.
                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

I haven't been spending much time in the shed lately for various reasons, but I got a good few hours in today. I decided it was time to get the bumper back on properly now that the front guards are on. Anyone who has worked on a MA61 knows the struggle I went through, but suffice to say it sucked quite a lot. Anyway it's on now:

That's some peak 80s wedge goodness. Let's do it again with the LED parkers on:

Fuck yeah.

I've also finished painting the body mouldings for the front guards, I need to give them a few days to dry properly before I pop them on, and then I can install the flares. Pretty excited to hit that milestone!
                  Norbie!

Comment

Just got to say Norbie, that is an epic shed!
                    Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Looking minty fresh man, good work.

I feel your pain with the lack of time
                      The Slowly IS300

Comment

Originally posted by AxGT View Post
                        Just got to say Norbie, that is an epic shed!
                        Haha thanks, it goes alright!

Originally posted by bboy View Post
                        I feel your pain with the lack of time
                        I can't even imagine how many hundreds of hours I've poured into this thing, but it's never enough!

And now some great news for fans of 80s JDM epicness. I stumbled across a bloke on Facebook making reproduction decals for the A6 Celica/Supra (among other things), and with a bit of prompting from me he's started making reproductions of the twin cam turbo decals from the GT-TR Celica:

Needless to say I smashed that buy button instantly, it will be absolutely perfect for this car IMO.

I already have a reproduction of the original Celica Supra decal on the hatch but with the 2.8i replaced with 3.0t - the plan is to have these decals applied by the panel shop when I send it back in to have the hatch painted and a few other things touched up. It's going to look awesome I reckon!
                        Norbie!

Comment

That is an awesome little detail, definitely will suit it!

Comment

I do love me some 80's script

If people on the street can't immediately tell how many valves, cams, wheels steered, or the presence of an INTERCOOLER TURBO, do the features even exist? Hmm.

Comment

Looking good norbie. The stickers are pretty cool too.

Comment

Does that page to decals for a st165? asking for a friend....

Comment

Working...
                                X