No announcement yet.

MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out mr fancy pants with his running driving project car......

Comment

Woohoo!! This is very exciting!!

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
        Check out mr fancy pants with his running driving project car......
        ^ This, is this even PF?

Congrats! Internet high fives!

Comment

That is certainly not allowed. Quick, break it again.
          Chris
          ------
          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

LOL don't worry I'm still a long way from driving this thing in any meaningful sense!
            Norbie!

Comment

About time to start another project and stop this one then isn't it?
              Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                A minor but significant update. I wanted to get one of my other shitboxes up on the hoist so the Supra had to move. To date I've been pushing it in and out of the shed, but this time I decided to start it up and drive it instead. So it moved under its power for the very first time since about 2011!

It was a very short trip, I just backed it out of the shed and back into a different bay in the shed. But still, it demonstrated that the new dual plate clutch works, the gearbox shifts properly, the brakes work, and of course the engine runs and makes enough power to move the car. Even better, there were zero oil leaks, and just a minor coolant leak but I already knew about that. Oh and it sounded really tough too.

I reckon with a small amount of effort (mostly fixing the wildly wrong wheel alignment) I could drive it around the block as is.
                :O
                #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post

:O
                  Doesn’t that mean it’s time for you to work on yours?
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    About time to start another project and stop this one then isn't it?
                    He started another TWO projects... three if you include the shed?
                    The Slowly IS300

Comment

Haha yeah, I'm currently trying to stop myself from starting yet another project. Don't know if I'll be successful.
                      Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Doesn’t that mean it’s time for you to work on yours?
                        As it happens, I cleaned all the shit off mine on the weekend. Bloke down the road I know had mentioned I had one to his kids and they got all excited and wanted a look.

But... Stout is getting some decent progress, so I'll finish that first
                        #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Haha thanks, it goes alright!

I can't even imagine how many hundreds of hours I've poured into this thing, but it's never enough!

And now some great news for fans of 80s JDM epicness. I stumbled across a bloke on Facebook making reproduction decals for the A6 Celica/Supra (among other things), and with a bit of prompting from me he's started making reproductions of the twin cam turbo decals from the GT-TR Celica:

Needless to say I smashed that buy button instantly, it will be absolutely perfect for this car IMO.

I already have a reproduction of the original Celica Supra decal on the hatch but with the 2.8i replaced with 3.0t - the plan is to have these decals applied by the panel shop when I send it back in to have the hatch painted and a few other things touched up. It's going to look awesome I reckon!
                          ooooooooooooooo can you PM me his details? I've been toying with the idea of 2000G MA63 decals for years on mine
                          '84 Supra
                          '86 Supra
                          '99 Supra
                          '19 Supra

Comment

It's a bit pointless but I couldn't resist doing a quick test fit of the coilovers. Here's the front strut just hanging there, I still need to get the lower section of the old struts welded on before they can be installed for good:

The rears can be installed properly though:

My only complaint so far is that the kit didn't include upper bushes for the rear shocks - there was just a nut and a washer. I didn't think it was a great idea to solidly mount it to the body, so for now I'm re-using some very worn OEM bushes from the Celica. I'll see if I can get something better soon!

Apart from that it looks pretty good, and for the money I spent ($1299 inc delivery) I really can't complain at all - I could spend close to that much on a set of King springs and shitty Monroe shocks, and I'm pretty confident this setup will be leaps and bounds better.

Can't wait to see how it drives, but that's probably a fair way off. With any luck I'll get the welding portion done early next month and then I can at least see how it sits on the ground.
                            Yo, finally getting around to fitting my rear coilovers and my rear springs dont seem to want to sit in there straight. did you notice this also?
                            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                              Yo, finally getting around to fitting my rear coilovers and my rear springs dont seem to want to sit in there straight. did you notice this also?
                              No, I can't say I noticed anything like that. Do you have a photo?
                              Norbie!

Comment

i'll take one tonight
                                1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X