No announcement yet.

MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvm, had too much droop dialed in i think so it was all sitting funky. raised closer to regular ride height and it starts to line up
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post

I reckon with a small amount of effort (mostly fixing the wildly wrong wheel alignment) I could drive it around the block as is.
      Do both of those things right away. Any driving wheel time you can get with a long term project like this needs to be done to capitalise on enthusiasm and momentum before life gets in the way again.

Plus it will just feel fucking good 🙂
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

An 80s cool car needs a matching 80s cool toy: https://www.facebook.com/39687672401...8391721864535/
        don't ask to ride my bike and i won't ask if i can shag your missus

Comment

That's pretty damn cool!
          Norbie!

Comment

Whoa, that’s rad!!

Any updates??

Comment

No updates. Between the shitbox fourby shenanigans and the shed improvements I haven't had time to even look at the Supra.

I'm not even sure what I want to do next. It might be time to get it towed to the panel shop to get the fibreglass parts fixed up and painted? If I want to drive this thing it would be nice to be able to close the hatch.
              Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                Yeah I've seen those wheels before and I'm not the biggest fan, the proportions are a bit off I think? I'd like to see them with way more dish though, I might change my mind.

I've also seen stock MA61 wheels converted into 3-piece wheels by cutting out the centres, that can look pretty great but you're limited in how much you can increase the diameter.
                Still a fan, saw this one today Joel Grannas posted up. Got a Magnum conversion.
                More here - https://www.grannasracing.com/blogs/...n-kit-2jz-swap

Click image for larger version

Name:	235646105_2905718199666094_8496322221422112334_n.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	7285763

Comment

Yeah I gotta say that's pretty nice!
                  Norbie!

Comment

Get yourself some starions
                    '84 Supra
                    '86 Supra
                    '99 Supra
                    '19 Supra

Comment

LOL sure, aren't they unobtanium now?
                      Norbie!

Comment

They're not Starion wheels though are they? They're the remakes in much larger again diametre.
                        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Correct, those are 4 stud, Starions are 5 stud.
                          Norbie!

Comment

A month since last update! Has the shed fallen on the Supra? Have you driven over it with the 4Runner?
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Oh man has it been that long? Unfortunately the shed is in a state of disarray with the recent construction activities, and I can barely get to the Supra let alone work on it. It will probably be at least a few weeks before things get back to normal, but don't worry it will be straight back to Supra progress once that happens!
                              Norbie!

Comment

Shed is back in order, time to get back to work:

I've been thinking about what is currently preventing me from driving the car and getting it tuned etc, that's what I need to focus on. First thing that comes to mind is the complete absence of any instruments in the dash. I had grand plans of making my own Raspberry Pi based thing, and indeed I started that project and got it partly working, but realistically this will be a road block for an unknown period of time and I don't want to wait indefinitely to get this thing going! So the Pi dash is officially on the "one day" list, and for right now I pulled the trigger on a MA61 specific mount for a Haltech IC7 made by Mako Motorsport. It should look something like this:

Theoretically this will be a plug and play replacement for the factory instrument cluster. Once it arrives (estimated 3 week lead time) I'll order the actual IC7 and then I'll be able to run the engine without being completely in the dark about what it's doing, which sounds good!

While I'm waiting for that to arrive I think I'll go back to getting the wheelarch flares installed, I think that's what I was up to before I started the shed project.
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X