MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck yeah, updates!

I think the Haltech dash is the way to go. I've been through custom dash stuff with RPi, windows stick and some other elcheapo car dash stuff I forget the name of now on a mates car. All hackery and unreliable unless you spend countless hours and more cash than the Haltech dash.
    The Slowly IS300

Comment

Yeeeew, love seeing this!!

Comment

Originally posted by bboy View Post
        I've been through custom dash stuff with RPi, windows stick and some other elcheapo car dash stuff I forget the name of now on a mates car. All hackery and unreliable unless you spend countless hours and more cash than the Haltech dash.
        I don't disagree, but I'm really keen to reproduce the original digital dash for peak 80s awesomeness. Here's where I got to with it last year:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=...PDeuXmcKa74w3A

I get that it's stupid but I'm determined to do it anyway. One day.
        Norbie!

Comment

For my patrol, I got this this software working. It took heaps of fucking around and fiddling.

https://www.gaugefx.tech/

Works pretty well. I use a RaspberryPi sending signal via composite video the reverse camera input on the head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post

I don't disagree, but I'm really keen to reproduce the original digital dash for peak 80s awesomeness. Here's where I got to with it last year:

This is absolutely rad hahahah.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
              For my patrol, I got this this software working. It took heaps of fucking around and fiddling.

https://www.gaugefx.tech/

Works pretty well. I use a RaspberryPi sending signal via composite video the reverse camera input on the head unit.
              Oh cool, that looks like something worth looking into!
              Norbie!

Comment

Yup I remember seeing that, would look pretty epic and 50 internet points to you if you can get it working reliably!
                The Slowly IS300

Comment

I'm feeling considerably poorer today after paying yet another Goleby's invoice. On the plus side I should have a shiny new IC7 to install next week, among other things.

According to my spreadsheet I've now donated over $11k to Goleby for this build alone.
                  Norbie!

Comment

But just think, in another 3 years you'll be driving this thing.

Comment

Bit optimistic don't you think
                      Norbie!

Comment

I'm feeling considerably poorer today after paying yet another Goleby's invoice. On the plus side I should have a shiny new IC7 to install next week, among other things.

According to my spreadsheet I've now donated over $11k to Goleby for this build alone.
                        Your first mistake was having a spreadsheet haha

Comment

Originally posted by SRB210 View Post

Your first mistake was having a spreadsheet haha
                          Was gonna say the same thing! Never keep a spreadsheet of costs!
                          Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

I disagree, you're just fooling yourself. If you keep proper records you can make better informed decisions in the future based on that.

Would also give you better appreciation for your project I think.
                            The Slowly IS300

Comment

Yeah I like to be informed, don't quite understand why people intentionally keep themselves in the dark. The money is actually being spent either way?

It will also serve as a dire warning if my kids decide they want to start modifying cars when they start driving in a few years.
                              Norbie!

Comment

Well my overnight parts from Toowoomba arrived this morning, shit's about to get real:

I also got a notification from Mako Motorsport this morning, the dash cluster mount I ordered from them has been sent, so I reckon after I get back from my camping trip this weekend I'll be able to install this and have a proper functioning dash in the Supra for the first time since I took the 6M-GE out in 2002.

The other things which arrived today is a knockoff 2JZ power steering pump (which hopefully fits better than the knockoff pump I already have in there), a clear cover for the cam gears (I think I need this for roadworthy purposes), and a few other odds and ends to get things moving. Pretty excited to get this all in, I reckon it will be at the point where I can drive it around the block once this lot is done.
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X