X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japlish View Post
    A1 machining in browns plains - 38092910

old school bloke - really nice to talk to and happy to help, as long as you dont stuff him around.
    Finally pulled my finger out and gave this bloke a call today. You're right, he was very friendly and helpful! The plan is to collect my big pile of parts, throw it in the back of the wagon, and take it to him next week to have a look at. Hopefully his advice doesn't amount to "cunts fucked, bin it", but we shall see.
    Norbie!

Comment

" cunts fucked, 3.4 stroker mate"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Torque sells tow cars.
      Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

Pretty sure I'd go turbo 1UZ before a 3.4, but who knows.

I'm currently debating whether I should try to squeeze a 2JZ block + cylinder head + assorted parts into the boot of my Soarer, or wait until I can borrow a ute next week. The former would definitely be more amusing if I can pull it off, plus I'm impatient. Also it would be the world's first Soarer with dual 2JZ's!
        Norbie!

Comment

It'll fit no doubt but getting it back out, well that's another story.

Comment

if only you had a starlet - could fit a 2jz in the back easy :rotflol:

Comment

Pfft, put it in the Century. 18 cylinders of glory.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Could probably fit three of them in the boot of the Century, but nah, not a great idea.
                Norbie!

Comment

The Soarer handled it like a champ:

Got a preliminary quote this morning, a bit over $6k. :oh: Not sure what that includes, hopefully I'll have a detailed quote by tomorrow.
                  Norbie!

Comment

DANG....sooo new 2nd hand long block for $1000 instead??

Comment

I recently saw a grey import VVTi 2JZ-GTE + auto package for $3800, thought it was a bit expensive at the time but doesn't seem so bad now.

Oh and I had another look at that 1GZ I was looking at a while back, price is down to $3500 now. Hmm...
                      Norbie!

Comment

see the 1GZ s14 NZ drift car on speedhunters?

Also, if you want a second opinion I have another bloke down Tweed way? Another old school guy - bit more grumpy but still very good

Trevor
                        Stones Auto engineering
                        07 55243602

43 Minjungbal drive
                        Tweed Heads

Comment

What the fuck is the guy doing for $6000?

I thought it was a crank grind, bore, hone, asseseble short block and that was it.

Comment

6K?!

Fucking hell, 20% more and shipping would get you this.
                            http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tita...hortblock.html

Golebys... $4.7K for a built short block.
                            https://www.golebysparts.com.au/part...rt-motor-900hp

Have a chat to the Scotts see what options you have.

If it's purely a regrind, new bearings, how would it be over $1000?

Comment

take out the steel caps and porting.... 6647? that was jack brothers for my engine.
                              just for comparison.
                              Attached Files
                              https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

jack bros supposed to be real expensive cunts. but whatever. 6k has gotta be ballpark.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Working...
                                X