MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a guy in Dubbo that had a MA61 with a 1JZ on methanol and proper tyres under it, standard ring and pinion was still going strong, car was fast.
    Mines been good to me, its dead quiet which goes a long way to survival.

Comment

mein was set up wrong in the first place, hence having to have a new R&P put in. fuckers. and the hypoid offset meant i couldnt even get one made at twerk
      '84 Supra 7MGTE
      '86 Supra 2JZGE track
      '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
      '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
      Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

Stop making your ma61 better than mine

Jks give it naws and 4wd pussy
        #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Exciting news, I picked up my rebuilt 2JZ bottom end yesterday. All clean and shiny and better than new:

It's a shame I've disassembled the car it's meant to go into! Oh well, patience.
          Norbie!

Comment

Donít leave that one wrapped up for 20 years hey
            GT8
            1UZ Celica
            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

found a vid of another 2jz ma61, thought you may like it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Originally posted by Rz View Post
                found a vid of another 2jz ma61, thought you may like it.
                That other MA61 sounds pretty angry! Also it look extremely similar to mine, even the same gauges...

Originally posted by Justengt4 View Post
                Donít leave that one wrapped up for 20 years hey
                I can't make any promises.
                Norbie!

Comment

Has anyone preached to you the benefits of gtx3584rs?
                  Some new Garrett device better response than what you have (had) and more power.
                  I mean, since you are just throwing funds at this, why not indulge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                  Torque sells tow cars.
                  Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

Yes I think this has been mentioned at some point. I'll give it due consideration when the time comes, but that's pretty far off at the moment.
                    Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                      Yes I think this has been mentioned at some point. I'll give it due consideration when the time comes, but that's pretty far off at the moment.
                      Nah mate, just slap it back together again. It wouldn't be right feeling safe and secure as a passenger in this thing.

Torque sells tow cars.

Comment

So the shell is looking pretty bare now, doors and tailgate are off, windscreen and side glass is out. Protip: you can fit a windscreen in a standard wheelie bin if you fold it up a bit. :D

All wires have been banished, here's about three quarters of it decorating the wall of the shed:

With the windscreen out I was able to get a proper look at the rust in that area. After cleaning it up a bit with a wire wheel I can see it's bad but not as bad as I'd feared. Given that this is the worst of the rust in the entire car, I think I'm doing pretty well overall.

I guess I need to stop procrastinating and speak to someone at a panel shop about the next steps. I'm a little bit afraid of the numbers they'll throw at me...
                        Norbie!

Comment

I'm somewhat excited about this. You've been dormant for years, but now your tipping time and money into things.
                          Really hoping to see the celica get some time and money too.

Torque sells tow cars.

Comment

check under the dash where the blower fan meets the scuttle?? panel. Mine was terrible there!!

Also, that part is not too bad to fix....got a welder??

Comment

Originally posted by Kiahatsiu View Post
                              I'm somewhat excited about this. You've been dormant for years, but now your tipping time and money into things.
                              Yeah, having kids sure does slow things down. But now they're old enough to not require constant supervision and I can get back into it. I'm pretty excited about this as well!

Originally posted by Kiahatsiu View Post
                              Really hoping to see the celica get some time and money too.
                              It's next on the list for sure. I haven't kept the thing for 23 years just to give up on it now!

Originally posted by japlish View Post
                              check under the dash where the blower fan meets the scuttle?? panel. Mine was terrible there!!

Also, that part is not too bad to fix....got a welder??
                              Yeah mine is pretty fucked there as well, as are basically all MA61's by now I think. Here's how it looked before I got the wire wheel out; after the wire wheel there was less rust and more holes:

Sadly I can't weld for shit, hence the need to speak with a panel shop. I've come this far so I might as well get it fixed properly.
                              Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                                It's next on the list for sure. I haven't kept the thing for 23 years just to give up on it now!
                                This is the key to sanity modifying cars people. Don't just chop and change cars..

Torque sells tow cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X