Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's kind of hard to tell without the car actually running, and also I've never driven a 6-speed Supra so I have nothing to compare it to, but it would appear that everything is functioning more or less as it should. I think the tab at the base of the shifter which functions as the reverse lockout may need to be bent a little bit because 5th and 6th seem to be hard to engage, but again it's pretty hard to tell the difference between 3rd and 5th or 4th and 6th when the car doesn't move and the engine doesn't run!

Short version: with a bit of tweaking I expect it will be just as good as original.
    Norbie!

Comment

sweet.
      im moving the engine 50mm back in my shittah so i have to do the same mod , plus shorten/remake about 5000 other fuckin things :)
      https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Serious? Sounds like someone has been bitten hard by the roundy-roundy bug. ;)

I haven't heard of anyone else doing this in a MkIV... then again not many people do much beyond brand-name bolt-ons with MkIV's do they.

BTW I may need to commission your welding services soon, I wouldn't mind having my shifter bracket strengthened a bit.
        Norbie!

Comment

yeh hopefully it does good things for overall handling and straight line grip.
          no worrys on the bracket , i can patch that up anytime ... about a 10 min job.
          https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

yeh hopefully it does good things for overall handling and straight line grip.
            Looking for flat 12's?

Sorry I couldn't resist. :p
            10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
            Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

You 2jz (no shit) guys should be sticking together hehehe
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Someone had to say it. It might as well of been me. :D I can't talk. I couldn't better 13 last time I went. :(
                10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

So just out of curiosity where did you source the supra water pump?

Comment

on topic, floorpan is now fully welded...

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                      So just out of curiosity where did you source the supra water pump?
                      Toyota & you'll need to also purchase a pulley as well.

About $400 for both im told.

Comment

Bah, just blank it off like I did. Cost $2 for the right bolts.
                        10.83 @ 125

Comment

Yeah I had a talk with PSi about this and welding/bolting is gonna be my answer. Can you please email me the pics of this mod?

Comment

Yeah I knew about the disabling-the-hydro-pump trick when I did my engine swap but I'm lazy and managed to get the Supra parts cheap so I just did the full swap. One small benefit, the smaller pump makes it much easier to access the wastegate actuator and hence install a bleed valve. :)

Oh and rbman has done a great job on the floorpan, it's looking a lot better now (ie no more gaps); I'll put some photos up soon. Next step is to apply a layer of tar and paint, then I guess I'll be needing a new tailshaft. I can almost smell the burning rubber! :D
                            Norbie!

Comment

You used "no more gaps"? hehehe

Your page has been a great help!

Comment

Where did you source the 'Cruiser engine mounts?

Comment

Working...
                                X