MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you source the 'Cruiser engine mounts?
    From a Landcruiser.

So just out of curiosity where did you source the supra water pump?
    From a Supra.

Fuck me, are people getting stupider or is it just my interpretation?

Sorry if that was the whole joke.... but FUCK!
    Originally posted by 350stato
    100% agree with Shifty

Comment

reply to ALLMTR from norbie...

Repco...

He says don't ask him which cruiser tho because he just looked the book and grabbed one's that looked good...

Comment

Yeah what he said. Basically I was looking for rubber mounts with studs sufficiently long to work with the alloy 2JZ engine mounts; from memory the ones I ended up using were from a diesel cruiser of some description, but I couldn't tell you anything more than that.
        Norbie!

Comment

Bugger, i need engine mounts for my 2JZ.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie
            Oh and rbman has done a great job on the floorpan, it's looking a lot better now (ie no more gaps); I'll put some photos up soon. Next step is to apply a layer of tar and paint, then I guess I'll be needing a new tailshaft. I can almost smell the burning rubber! :D
            I think you need to post pics for proof

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty
              From a Landcruiser.

From a Supra.

Fuck me, are people getting stupider or is it just my interpretation?

Sorry if that was the whole joke.... but FUCK!
              Do you know the meaning of the word source? I'm looking for the cheapest places to get these parts from :knock:

But I see what you mean, I should buy a Supra and a Landcruiser to get the mounts and water pump :knock:

Anywhoo the mounts look like 60 series mounts (from what I can tell) Auto 1 can get them for 35 a mount.
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

I suppose I should post a quick update, not that I've actually done anything except buy stuff. Namely, a GT35R turbo (thanks dansedgli!), a Haltech E6K and 700cc injectors (thanks RZ!), and a set of shiny Autometer gauges (thanks eBay!). Ah the internet, where would I be without it? About $3k ahead in the last week alone. :oh:

Anyway pics will be forthcoming when the goodies arrive. Oh yeah and one of these days I'll remember to take photos of the completed transmission tunnel.
                Norbie!

Comment

130+MPH here we come!!
                  Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Haven't you heard? GT35's are out. Anything smaller than a GT42 is for pansy's these days. :p
                    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
                    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie
                      I suppose I should post a quick update, not that I've actually done anything except buy stuff. Namely, a GT35R turbo (thanks dansedgli!), a Haltech E6K and 700cc injectors (thanks RZ!), and a set of shiny Autometer gauges (thanks eBay!). Ah the internet, where would I be without it? About $3k ahead in the last week alone. :oh:

Anyway pics will be forthcoming when the goodies arrive. Oh yeah and one of these days I'll remember to take photos of the completed transmission tunnel.
                      Hehehe don't you hate bargains that you "have" to buy....
                      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Yes I'm soft for buying such a small turbo. 130mph would be nice, pity it will still do 12's though.
                        Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by rbman
                          I think you need to post pics for proof
                          OK by popular demand, here's rbman's handiwork. Note the absence of holes! I am impressed.

I was going to put the clutch together and install the gearbox this weekend, but I accidentally ordered the wrong wave washer so it's on hold until I get the right one. The last lot of parts took 6 weeks to get here so it's not likely I'll have this machine running any time soon.
                          Norbie!

Comment

Nice job. Sucks about the parts taking forever though. You must be eager to smell some tire smoke from the old girl
                            10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

fark man , where are you ordering from ?
                              little bits and pieces like that i get from toyota usa inside 2 weeks , just pm the part number cos i have to order some stem seals for mine.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

More than 1 week from the US and I start to get pissed off. I have actually received goods from the US quicker than from interstate Australia post!
                                10.83 @ 125

Comment

Working...
                                X