MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos doing the panely work and howmuchizzit? my ute could use a full strip down to nothing and start again before I touch it again.
    Originally posted by Bosshoggett
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Baffle from Goleby's ?

Comment

Originally posted by cracka View Post
        Whos doing the panely work and howmuchizzit? my ute could use a full strip down to nothing and start again before I touch it again.
        The quote was approx $10k including panel and paint, but that's starting from a completely stripped shell and it will come back in pieces. These guys out in the Lockyer Valley are doing the work.

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
        Baffle from Goleby's ?
        Yup, this one.
        Norbie!

Comment

I finished installing the baffle kit today. It all went very smoothly, it's a good bit of gear. The only real hassle I had was when I couldn't get the sump back on, but that was because it was bent as fuck from being on a stupidly low car for 10 years. A bit of gentle adjustment with a big fuckoff hammer and it's all good now.

I'm keen to flip the engine over and put the cylinder head back on but I'm still waiting for overnight parts from Japan Amayama, which includes the headgasket.

In the meantime I've been planning out all the Speedflow gear I'm going to buy. The plan is to use it for everything, including fuel lines, power steering, remote oil filter and cooler, and the turbo feed + drain. It's going to be... expensive. But also it's going to look tits. All anodised black please, to go with the car's overall black and white colour scheme.
          Norbie!

Comment

Feel free to PM me a list of the Speedflow stuff.

I get a pretty good rate on it.

Comment

Don't use speedflow for power steering, get a proper high temp hydraulic hose made.

Comment

Feel free to PM me a list of the Speedflow stuff.
                Thanks! I won't have a proper list of my requirements until I have the car back and partly assembled, but I'll certainly keep you in mind.

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
                Don't use speedflow for power steering, get a proper high temp hydraulic hose made.
                I already have a proper hydraulic hose but it looks like shit and doesn't match my proposed engine bay look. :p Is there a specific reason why I should avoid Speedflow?

My plans are still coming together but if possible I'm going to use hardlines for most of the run and just use short lengths of hose at either end for flexibility. From memory this is how the factory setup worked but I butchered it so long ago I can't really remember.

Edit: while I remember, Goleby's Parts have a AN10 fitting for the power steering pump suction port:

Unfortunately they don't also have one for the outlet but I've seen them elsewhere. I very much want to get rid of the huge ugly banjo fitting on the factory setup.
                Norbie!

Comment

I got some more photos from the panel shop today. They've painted the door jambs, engine bay, cargo area, bonnet underside and door inners. I'm liking it so far!

Hopefully next week work will begin on the outer panels. It's pretty exciting! :D
                  Norbie!

Comment

Using ptfe hose in hydraulic applications is not recommended, I think speedflow even offer a more comparable hose these days but I would save your money and get one made and crimped properly from a local hose shop. You can still use your fittings in the pump and rack etc

Comment

These guys reckon 200 series hose is fine with power steering:

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...-%96-Speedflow

Still learning about all this stuff, there's a dizzying array of options!
                      Norbie!

Comment

That is looking great! So much progress! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                          These guys reckon 200 series hose is fine with power steering:

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...-%96-Speedflow

Still learning about all this stuff, there's a dizzying array of options!
                          Yeah 200 is great man. Use it on mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Speedflow has power-steering specific 490 series stuff now: https://speedflow.com.au/hose-ends/490-series/

Comment

Did this use to have a 5M-GE ?

I have about 4 plugs in the engine bay that I want to remove, but want to be 100% sure of what they belong to...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
                                Speedflow has power-steering specific 490 series stuff now: https://speedflow.com.au/hose-ends/490-series/
                                Ooh, perfect! I like the look of that too.

Did this use to have a 5M-GE ?
                                5M-E originally.
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X