X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRB210
    replied
    Originally posted by Norbie View Post
    I'm feeling considerably poorer today after paying yet another Goleby's invoice. On the plus side I should have a shiny new IC7 to install next week, among other things.

According to my spreadsheet I've now donated over $11k to Goleby for this build alone.
    Your first mistake was having a spreadsheet haha

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Bit optimistic don't you think

Leave a comment:

• richzx
    replied
    But just think, in another 3 years you'll be driving this thing.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    I'm feeling considerably poorer today after paying yet another Goleby's invoice. On the plus side I should have a shiny new IC7 to install next week, among other things.

According to my spreadsheet I've now donated over $11k to Goleby for this build alone.

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    replied

I don't disagree, but I'm really keen to reproduce the original digital dash for peak 80s awesomeness. Here's where I got to with it last year:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=...PDeuXmcKa74w3A

I get that it's stupid but I'm determined to do it anyway. One day.
    Yup I remember seeing that, would look pretty epic and 50 internet points to you if you can get it working reliably!

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Originally posted by tim510 View Post
    For my patrol, I got this this software working. It took heaps of fucking around and fiddling.

https://www.gaugefx.tech/

Works pretty well. I use a RaspberryPi sending signal via composite video the reverse camera input on the head unit.
    Oh cool, that looks like something worth looking into!

Leave a comment:

• Bren
    replied

I don't disagree, but I'm really keen to reproduce the original digital dash for peak 80s awesomeness. Here's where I got to with it last year:

This is absolutely rad hahahah.

Leave a comment:

• tim510
    replied
    For my patrol, I got this this software working. It took heaps of fucking around and fiddling.

https://www.gaugefx.tech/

Works pretty well. I use a RaspberryPi sending signal via composite video the reverse camera input on the head unit.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Originally posted by bboy View Post
    I've been through custom dash stuff with RPi, windows stick and some other elcheapo car dash stuff I forget the name of now on a mates car. All hackery and unreliable unless you spend countless hours and more cash than the Haltech dash.

Leave a comment:

• Bren
    replied
    Yeeeew, love seeing this!!

Leave a comment:

• bboy
    replied
    Fuck yeah, updates!

I think the Haltech dash is the way to go. I've been through custom dash stuff with RPi, windows stick and some other elcheapo car dash stuff I forget the name of now on a mates car. All hackery and unreliable unless you spend countless hours and more cash than the Haltech dash.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Shed is back in order, time to get back to work:

I've been thinking about what is currently preventing me from driving the car and getting it tuned etc, that's what I need to focus on. First thing that comes to mind is the complete absence of any instruments in the dash. I had grand plans of making my own Raspberry Pi based thing, and indeed I started that project and got it partly working, but realistically this will be a road block for an unknown period of time and I don't want to wait indefinitely to get this thing going! So the Pi dash is officially on the "one day" list, and for right now I pulled the trigger on a MA61 specific mount for a Haltech IC7 made by Mako Motorsport. It should look something like this:

Theoretically this will be a plug and play replacement for the factory instrument cluster. Once it arrives (estimated 3 week lead time) I'll order the actual IC7 and then I'll be able to run the engine without being completely in the dark about what it's doing, which sounds good!

While I'm waiting for that to arrive I think I'll go back to getting the wheelarch flares installed, I think that's what I was up to before I started the shed project.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Oh man has it been that long? Unfortunately the shed is in a state of disarray with the recent construction activities, and I can barely get to the Supra let alone work on it. It will probably be at least a few weeks before things get back to normal, but don't worry it will be straight back to Supra progress once that happens!

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    A month since last update! Has the shed fallen on the Supra? Have you driven over it with the 4Runner?

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Correct, those are 4 stud, Starions are 5 stud.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X