Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherfucker Jones
    replied
    Mine wasn't grout filled a did general street thrashing, basically what you're talking about. Didn't fly apart.

Are your lifter bores sleeved? Have been told you should sleeve the lifter bores when going roller or any type of solid in a clevo. Basically you end up with a restricted feed to the lifters which then sends more oil down to the mains. The normal restrictors are designed to keep oil in the mains, whereas doing the lifter bores is actually directing more oil to the mains

You can buy a kit from the states to sleeve the lifter bores yourself. I'm going to try on mine when I get to it. Paying a macine shop its at least a $1500 job from what I remember.

Leave a comment:

• TK
    replied
    Yeah, grout it, 1/2 fill will do, anything you can do to stiffen the bores on a clevo is a good thing.

I'd fit the cam brg restrictors, but leave out the lifter bank restrictor & do some work on the drainbacks in the heads & valley.

Whether you've got a valley pickup or not you'll want the valley drains taken out to 3/4".

Prices are on the highish side of normal, but if the work is good then the price is fair.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    They do good work, yea just ask him. Perhaps oil restrictor not so important for you since you've got a valley pickup.

Leave a comment:

• Bermo
    replied
    Ill ask about the oil restrictiors.

Is it worth grout filling?
    It's main purpose is street with a few track days a year.
    Oh and power cruise for skids.
    Lots of skids.

Sash at AN Racing has done it for me (Top bloke)

Leave a comment:

• Supercrown
    replied
    Fuck it adds up quick, but that all sounds reasonable.

I'd been wondering how you were getting on.

Fast, cheap, reliable. You only ever get two at once.

:-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X