Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supercrown

The middlesize turbo is a GT42-the big one is GT60 sized.
    Nice size, where did you pick up the Turbo? Is it a Garrett jobbie, or a Roller bearing?

Comment

That's not actually the unit I'll be using-that's for scaling. From memory that ones a PT101.

I'm getting a brand new, in box GT6041.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...1_731377_1.htm

Exactly like this one on display at a Rotormaster stall recently.

Thats an SR20 it's sitting on.

And before anyone says anything-Yep, it probably is too big, but I'm going have a fucken crack at it anyway.
      Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

International sales welcome - PM me for pricing.

Comment

That's not actually the unit I'll be using-that's for scaling. From memory that ones a PT101.

I'm getting a brand new, in box GT6041.

Thats an SR20 it's sitting on.

And before anyone says anything-Yep, it probably is too big, but I'm going have a fucken crack at it anyway.
        Nice, Mark (guy who did your GT42) has some really nice roller bearing versions in that size, before you buy one give him a call on 0755961 079.
        I think he is the only one doing true rollers in that size atm... He could prob cut you a pretty good deal..

Comment

Holy shit, that turbo is almost as large as a VL!!
          Originally posted by 350stato
          100% agree with Shifty

Comment

um. hang on.

That's 2 SR20 heads it's sitting on.:oh:

I havent actually physically held one of these yet-my mate at MTQ reckons it takes two blokes to lift one out of the boot of a car.
            Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

Comment

jesus mate, maybe you should dump the motor and just bolt the turbo to the input shaft of the gearbox!
              Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
              my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

1450 - 2000 rated HP

Do ya really think that will be big enough?
                yep

Comment

Shit!!! How long will it take to spool that fuckah up?
                  an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboyy
                    hopefully less than 9 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboyy
                      Hopefully with a good manifold, transbrake, big converter and significantly smaller split-pulse exhaust housing it should be into positive pressure by 6000rpm, and 5000rpm with 125hp hit of nitrous-but we really won't know till we try.

(motor will be revved to 8000-and maybe a bit more, but we'll see once it gets here and I have an engine builder have a gander at it)

Comment

(motor will be revved to 8000-and maybe a bit more, but we'll see once it gets here and I have an engine builder have a gander at it)
                        Holy shit - thats near double the revs@peak power of the old one!

You are going to be breaking stuff left right and centre
                        Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

Comment

Yeah-the arabs rev them to 8500 or so, which is a lot more than the 6100 I was revving to before. Utilmately the driveline will need a full upgrade, but getting the motor right will be the first job.

Keep in mind that whilst the motor was purchased in plain sight, the GT60 is a different story.

If you see Cass, remember, you are now in the SuperCrown Racing "Circle of Trust" with regard to the GT60...........

Comment

Yeah remember only the 14,742 of us know about it...
                            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

like I said Chuck. Circle of Trust.

(of the 14k of you, there are only a very small number in contact with my manager-so I'm pretty safe)

Comment

If you see Cass, remember, you are now in the SuperCrown Racing "Circle of Trust" with regard to the GT60...........
                                What GT60?

I should bring Kurt & Lucy up to see if the exisiting turbo is really a danger to babies and small children!
                                Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

Comment

Working...
                                X