Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AU Ute nugget

Bought this cheap AU ute to replace my old XG which replaced the maverick.

A few months later I converted it to manual and threw a M112 supercharger on along with a 3 inch exhaust and pacey's, bosch 023 fuel pump in the standard cradle, 42lb injectors and a flash tuner.

It made 195 dynowatts on 5 or so psi and drove pretty good but after long drives it would ping.

I drove it gently for a few months before the pinging gave me the shits so I took it off. I sold it last week and ordered a 6boost manifold and GT35r which should be here soon. :h5:

I've also bought a J3 chip and techedge wideband setup from TIperformance. This pretty much does what the flash tuner does but it does it for $250 and I can DIY it. If it doesnt work well Ill put a microtech in it.

Not after any particular power figures or quarter mile times with this one but 300rwkw would be nice to have again. I just want something nice to drive that I can thrash on dirt roads without worrying about the paint and stuff when I go dirtbiking.

/csh
    Maverick - gone
    Turbo AU Ute

Hmmm....bout time!
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Techedge wideband guy is a fucking cunt.

Met him once, mate was dating his daughter and needed to pick something up, parked out front of his house waiting. Prick rides his pushbike home, starts chatting to me, then has a go at me in that way only a weird bearded nerdman can where you can't really tell if he's actually having a go or joking about parking with a wheel up on the footpath facing the wrong way up the road (drivers side on the path) and how we don't live in the UK so I can't do it.

Was confused and figured I should take it as a joke, wrong choice, aggressively tells me to move it, then the prick blows up at me about some fucking L plater that almost ran over him 15 minutes earlier on his pushbike like it was my fault, I told him to calm down and it wasn't my fucking fault how some L plater drives, mate walked out and copped the full storm right then too.

Not saying you shouldn't buy the wideband, plenty of people seem to think they're good, just felt like ranting about him being a cunt when I saw you were buying his shit :p
      Originally posted by Marv
      She most likely doesn't bathe, thinks basket-weaving should be in the Olympics and has a vagina that looks like Dumbledore's beard.

Comment

That's just like my ugly AU ute, just mine is still standard and costs $35 per week.

AUs are banned from modification!
        https://www.youtube.com/hoontv
        www.facebook.com/hoontv
        www.instagram.com/hoontv
        https://soundcloud.com/thehoonatics
        etc etc

Comment

lol

I like it because no one thinks anyone is dumb enough to modify an AU so it doesnt get a 2nd look.

Looks aside it's at least 11ty times better than my XG was.

Here is my last AU. This one was prettier and faster than my current one.

The goal is looks like a stock AU shitter but with similar fasts to the shiny AU above.

lol at the techedge story. I didnt buy it directly off him if that counts for anything.
          Maverick - gone
          Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Nah I don't give a shit, I'm sure plenty of people who make good products are fucking weirdo's haha.
            Originally posted by Marv
            She most likely doesn't bathe, thinks basket-weaving should be in the Olympics and has a vagina that looks like Dumbledore's beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
              l
              Here is my last AU. This one was prettier....
              Woah, woah, woah.... settle down fella.
              Prettier than what?

Comment

Are you getting a Rajab plenum?

Comment

I've got some turbosmart BOVs for sale if you need a couple.
                  And also a wicked dose pipe

Comment

I hope someone is paying this guy for his funnies. He's good. :w:

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                    Are you getting a Rajab plenum?
                    Undecided.

I prefer it and the nizpro item over the blingtastic process west and plazmaman ones but the cash is probably better spent on rods.
                    Maverick - gone
                    Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                      ...ordered a 6boost manifold and GT35r which should be here soon. :h5:
                      Is it soon yet?

Comment

Not yet. Hopefully soon is this week.

It will still be a while before I put it on though.

Ive got an AU ghia wreck that Im taking the front seats, door trims, electric windows and dash from and I need to get rid of the rest of the car before I can take this one apart.

I havent had a chance to do anything for the last month because of exams. They are finished now but the GF wants to go house hunting every second Im not at work. :/

Need more time and daylight.
                        Maverick - gone
                        Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Goodness arrived in the mail today. :D

Gt35r, turbosmart 50mm gate and 6boost manifold along with plenty of Vband hotness.

Depending on how quickly house stuff goes this week I might be picking up a T56 for this next weekend too.
                          Maverick - gone
                          Turbo AU Ute

Comment

loving the new mods should make for an epic sleeper.

it would have been good to have seen the m12 kit developed a bit more with better plenum and intake and maybe an auxiliary meth injection on boost system.

how much belt wrap did you get on the m112 and what did you use to tension the belt?

Comment

The belt wrap was pretty good. I guessing it would have been just over 3/4 wrapped around the pulley.

It used an auxilliary pulley bolted to the aircon compressor and the standard tensioner using a belt from an early V8 falcon.
                              Maverick - gone
                              Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X