Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seems to be the thing to do...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Success!

    Comment


      We have had success....

      I thought I had thrown my happiness up on the of wall, but apparently not.

      She has bene successfully achieving her daily school duties for a few weeks now.

      Yesterday she ran out of fuel. While on the surface this is a poor fail, lol, it actually has a silver lining. I had assumed when I filled the tank when I did fluids, that it would last for ages. Im guessing it didn't during all the days and days of trying to start.

      So when I finally got the old girl driving the fuel sender level was on "e" and the light on. I just assumed the level sender was borked and drove till she was empty.

      Then I stuck maybe a total of 15l of premium in (fuck a duck that hurts lol) and lo and behold, the light goes out and the tank shows a 1/4 full......

      So it seems the hydramat I used works realllllllllllly fucking well lol. I got 2 weeks of school runs out of an empty tank lol.

      But anyways, have been sorting hiccups and the like, but all in all, for a big old project things are going pretty clean. I replaced the sump plug for a fancy dancy low profile thing, so now no leak and now no plug hanging below the crossmember.

      I sorted a wideband setup and got that all configured and working.

      Suspension has settled so its time to adjust a bit (rear is 10mm lower one side lol) and i had to put the brake lever pivot back to original to firm up the pedal. Could probably do with some new soft bitey pads, but for school runs it's working sweet.

      I used a radiator I could source locally and also fans and shrouds for easily. The ebay cunt decided to supply the wrong one, argue with me for 5 days about and basically act a shitcunt.

      So I just made it work :/ ... this worked great but now all of a sudden my dash temp sensor is not working.... ecu still works and kicks the fan on.... but dash no go.

      I also realised I made a small booboo. With the oil pressure sensor light switch thingy, I had made the assumption as a single wire it would act the same as the other Toyota stuff and be a simple on off ground switch for the dash light. But the light has been doing weird things. Then it occurred to me the, altezza has a oil pressure gauge on the dash, so the sensor would have a scale reading of voltage, not just an on or off.... so ill sort that shortly.

      Im trying to come up with interesting and not shit ways to get the speedo and tachometer in there..... current front runner is using a Windows tablet and the eugene software as a small dash.... but open to ideas ???? I've added some pics of a truly amazing setup done by a lad I know in new Zealand with arduino and shit..... but its vastly beyond my skills.

      Anyways,lap of the block video....

      https://youtu.be/Xmx9ceR1Tec



      Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

      RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
      06/07/2011

      http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

      Comment


        More pics

        Oh also, I replaced the busted tial light with a shitty cheap knock off from fleabay..... absolute trash to use, but at least it works....

        Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

        RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
        06/07/2011

        http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

        Comment


          Dude, looking amazing and it works! I'll check this out this year at some point.

          Comment


            Always welcome my man, always

            Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

            RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
            06/07/2011

            http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

            Comment


              Just looking back on the start and one of my favorite bits, the sump

              Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

              RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
              06/07/2011

              http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

              Comment


                Been a hot minute.

                Havnt done much. Finally sorted a proper tailshaft. Much less terrified of the tailshaft coming up through the floor now.

                Spent fucking ages trying to nail down the dash. For now its working but is a bit fiddly. I can resolve the fiddliness, but is a few more dollars and I can deal with the fiddly foe now.

                Still havnt got my shit together to finish the speedo wiring. Motivation for anything has been pretty shithouse this winter.

                One day randomly she was running fine at lunch then wouldn't start an hour later

                Few weeks scratching my head, (I assumed it was cops fucked) and it turned out to be fouled plugs.

                Took a punt, scrubbed em with green scourer and got her running pretty well again.

                Think it was mainly due to the stop starting I had been doing with the dash.



                Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

                RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
                06/07/2011

                http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

                Comment

                Working...
                X