No announcement yet.

LS1 Torana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing is sweet. Don’t know how I missed this thread.

Comment

This is awesome mate, really like what you've done !
      The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

yup, looks mint.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

The weekends have been dedicated to fixing niggles on this thing……

On a positive, my seats arrived

They feel a little more modern and saved a little bit of weight also!

Squaring up the diff and setting the pinion angle took a good full weekend. Now I’m chasing a fuel issue.
          It’s like it runs out of fuel after 10 mins of driving. The logs shows it goes mega lean at the same time. Updated tank breathers and even running without a full cap didn’t solve it. Struggles to run, noses over etc. Turn it off, fire it back up and it’s all good for another few minutes.
          I’m running an in tank aeromotive phantom setup with the corvette filter/reg. Next step is the tank is coming out to see if I can’t find anything funky going on.

Comment

That looks mint
            Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

That is really amazing!
              Originally posted by piss98
              fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

Wow, nice!

I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

They look better like that instead of the usual mesh headrests....slr style recaro

Comment

I wonder if the fuel filter intank is picking up shit or squashing inwards and cutting off the flow?

Comment

Originally posted by greenhj View Post
                      I wonder if the fuel filter intank is picking up shit or squashing inwards and cutting off the flow?
                      I’m thinking the rubber sock thing is squashed a little and the little holes at the bottom the let fuel in are blocked. I’ll pull it out on the weekend and have a good look.

Comment

So the fuel pump install was all good. Checking flow out of the tank, returning from the filter/regulator etc with the tank out of the car seemed to show everything was working ok.....After putting it all back together, the issue was still there.

Doing a little more reading, it could be that the flow restriction through the Corvette filter/regulator could be increasing the output pressure of the pump high enough to open up the internal bypass in the pump. Im running a 340lph fuel pump (Factory LS pumps are 190lph)
                        So much for building in some redundancy into the fuel system! I have ordered a 200lph pump to see if that helps.

Comment

I heard somewhere that LH/X Toranas only like getting their fuel from alloy drop tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
                            I heard somewhere that LH/X Toranas only like getting their fuel from alloy drop tanks.
                            Lol, ive spent time, effort and cash to not run a drop tank and flares!

Comment

Removed the Corvette filter/reg thig and added a proper adjustable reg and return line. Issue is still there.
                              Added a fuel pressure transducer so I can log fuel pressure in HP Tuners. Logged fuel pressure doesnt move more than 1psi. Issue is still there.
                              I wonder if its something stupid like the purge valve getting stuck open and this being the cause of the lean event. Next steps will be to remove if from the system and try again. I will laugh if a $2 rubber block off fixes my issue.....

Comment

OK....Well I could be way off here but I had the exact same problem in the old Hako on a trip to QLD. Fuel delivery is very simple on these. A drink straw sized pickup pipe feeds to an "in boot" fitted electric pump with filter. Line then runs to underbonnet filter and feeds off to the Mikuni's. My problem turned out

to be a blob of water wandering around the bottom of the fuel tank. It would get within suction/pickup range of the pipe but could not be drawn into the vertical pipe. As long as the pump ran It would simply choke off the access to fuel and eventually the carbs were starved. Engine stops pump stops drawing...

no more suction on pipe so water blob slowly rolls away from pickup. Allows good access to fuel again and engine would fire back up eventually as if nothing was wrong.. All ok for another 10 15 ~30 mins random really, and fall over again. The water blob only became evident once we removed the tank, looked

in and observed it rolling around. Nothing like hindsight but I guess a litre of metho would have fixed it. Anyway, flushed tank , refuelled and no more problem.

Is running the motor with the fuel pickup dropped into another container of fuel possible?
                                Last edited by kgc10-R; 17-08-21, 02:22 AM.
                                Jim.

VS ute appreciation society

(you know it makes sense..)

Comment

Working...
                                X