Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Car: 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner build thread!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darwinschops View Post
    That is about one of the nicest boxes to have to come home to I can think of...
    There's a few boxes I'd rather come home for...
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

But this one's a sweet virgin flower - it just wont cry and bleed the first time it gets hammered.

Comment

More enjoyment from the big block I reckon

Comment

Would agree 11ty for at least half the nopics and slappers I see every day anyway!

Comment

As much as I love talking about slappers, time for more pics!!

Unboxed my pressie yesterday arv. Man this thing is big, and heavy...

Hooked it up to the engine hoist and loaded it off the trailer.

Nothing broken which is always a plus...

Only fucked thing is that I asked for a water pump, which they sent me. They didnt send me a water pump housing... Would have thought that would be part of the deal right? Apparently not.
            Anyway. Still need plug wires, pump and thermostat housing and a few little niggly bits and pieces. Looks good though. Be handy if someone would paint the engine bay as well....

Comment

Looks great mate. Let me know if you need me to send a housing & the other shit and not lose the invoice

Comment

Sub-the fuck-scribing to this one! Eagerly await skid pics. Have you got plans for the rest of the drivetrain though?
                Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
                If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
                we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

Originally posted by 68RNR View Post
                  Only fucked thing is that I asked for a water pump, which they sent me. They didnt send me a water pump housing... Would have thought that would be part of the deal right? Apparently not.
                  Anyway. Still need plug wires, pump and thermostat housing and a few little niggly bits and pieces. Looks good though. Be handy if someone would paint the engine bay as well....
                  Yeah, it's a trap for new players. Definitely get an alloy housing though, the cast iron factory one are HEAVY.

With all the alloy the donk should be close to small block weight. Imagine how heavy they are with all the cast iron shit.

Comment

Looks cool! Fuck they have a wide V configuration?
                    Breaking stuff once is ignorance, twice is stupidity, three times is racing

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...chev-LS1-turbo
                    http://www.performanceforums.com/for...tchback-torana
                    http://performanceforums.com/forums/...ghlight=ari300
                    http://performanceforums.com/forums/...Dog-Piston-rx4

Comment

Originally posted by ott308 View Post
                      Looks cool! Fuck they have a wide V configuration?
                      Same angle as most V8's, but tall deck height and a deep skirted block makes them look even bigger. Factory 440 blocks can be taken out to 543 cubes, aftermarket blocks (std deck) with siamese bores (big bore) can be taken further.

I like the B block though (361-383-400). More compact (good for shoving into Valiants, the taller RB block (413-426-440) fits but it's tight), but can be taken out to 512ci (if you use the 400).

Comment

Yeah shes a big lump of motor. I have been looking at it perched precariously on its piss-weak engine stand and wondering how long it will support 305kg..... Hmm.

Already got the fucking pump housing sorted, got a nice alloy jobby on the way from 440 source, as well as a thermostat housing and some other bits. Nothing comes with fucking bolts on these things so you gotta order them separately as well! :S

The consensus is you can shave around 30lb going to alloy heads. Thats a lot of weight and high up too, so your probably right about the small block thing. Billet dizzy, alloy inlet manifold and alloy quickfuel carb will help too! Motor is 522ci, 610 horsepower and 940-odd NM of torque, so should skid alright.... Think the tyre man is going to like me.

As for the drive train I am pretty much sorted there too. I have a custom built 3000 stall torque converter from Brinks performance, the 727 torqueflite has been completely overhauled by them too and will support 1000hp. Full manual reverse pattern valve body and all the fruit. The only weak link will be the diff. I am planning on driving it reasonably sedately until I save some funds for a complete 9" setup with a truetrac and 3.75 gears or something similar. I cant see the 8 3/4 lasting very long....

Comment

Right so I tentatively bolted on the headers last night just to check for clearance, all looks pretty bloody good. No issues that I can see.

Going through the bits and pieces I need some more stuff. Bolts for engine mount brackets, gaskets for water pump housing, pushrod for mech fuel pump to name a few. As well as bolt kit for thermostat housing and water pump too. Looks like its time to bust out the credit card again...

Comment

Originally posted by 68RNR View Post
                            Motor is 522ci, 610 horsepower and 940-odd NM of torque, so should skid alright....

Faarrrk!

8 3/4 is pretty strong. They're standard with 30spline axles, but nothing beats the gear avaliable for the 9in

Comment

That's a great looking big muther of a donk. Very unclutered & only 522ci.....

I like the special header dent for plug access.

Comment

Yeah the headers are TTI. I am VERY impressed with the fit. And with the angled plugs with the Victor heads its a much better setup than the original job. Looks like it should all fit very nicely!
                                I had toyed with the idea of beefing up the 8 3/4, but I think I would like to go full floating axles and all that jazz so probably better off just to get a full custom job 9".

No update on the spraypainter either... He has been off the radar for 2 weeks. Dunno where the hell he went.

Comment

Working...
                                X