Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 bmw 2002

apart from having the turbo subaru sickness (EA82T wagon, RS Wagon, WRX) i've been eyeing E30's for ages, then got lent this in california last year for a couple of months

it was fucking awesome and i decided i wanted one, but realized they were too spendy and found a nice E30. then found rust. then lost enthusiasm. then borrowed a my99 WRX from a mate. then bought it for $5000.

anywho, the other day i was blasting around McLaren Vale in a '62 E type, when the owner said i should have a chat to a mutual friend of ours. turns out he had a car he wanted to sell...
    1971 2002

haven't bought it yet, but its safe to say i will. going to get the motor running this week.
    basically it's been in his shed for 3 years, was in the previous owners shed for 6. last rego'd in '03.

rust in the bottom of the LH guard, doors, surface rust in plenty of places. had a shunt on the rear left, not hard enough to break the tail light fortunately. sills, rails and floor look good. interior is good, roof lining and seats are excellent for their age, no cracks or rips, carpets are ratty, door trims are good, dash isn't bad, got usual cracks. chrome is good. rear bar is buggered on the left corner from the shunt. even has the original fuel filler cap and wheel centres

anywho, once the e30 is out, this will be in

this is my ride from the other day. fucking amazing to drive. drove it a couple of years ago and the motor was tired. now has a warm/hot 3.8 in it, sounds amazing and goes fucking hard.
    1962 S1 3.8L
    '71 BMW 2002 - restoration
    '14 Colorado 4x4 dual cab - reliability

Originally posted by Marv
    my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle
    :rotflol:

Nice, 2002's are pretty sweet

How on earth did you score a MY99 WRX for $5k though, even at mates rates
    WWPBD

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum
    first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

Comment

As per facebook, fuck you you cunt. Buy it already and put the e30 mechanicals in, sell interior to Cal, part out the rest of the bits you dont need, win at life.
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Do it! But make sure you know what you are in for, look for rust in the undersides of the doors, the footwells, especially where the throttle pedal attaches to the floor and the bottom corners of the front wheel arches where they meet the chassis at the bottom.

I really want to buy one myself soon, can't really justify it though.

Look forward to forthcoming build thread!
        1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
        1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
        1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
        1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
        And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

going to get it driving and straightened out first. haven't decided on mechanicals yet, phil makes good sense? wtf?, but i quite like the idea of a nasty little carby fed sled. the E30 5 speed swap requires cutting the tunnel too.

my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle

Comment

It looks to be a nice one. BTW the E21 323i gearbox would be easier if you can get one, as it is physically smaller than the E30 gearbox. Basically the same as the E21 318i 5 speed used for conversions.

Comment

no m30 no care

Comment

Nice work, Geach. Round tail-light 2002s FTMFW.

Comment

started it up on thursday night. got good oil pressure, ran on 3 1/2 cylinders due to a buggered lead and possibly a sticky valve? there was no bubbling in the radiator, no pressure out the dip stick. did pump a bit of air out the oil filler - made me think sticky valve - open to suggestion. brakes will likely need rebuilding after sitting for ~10 years, bushes(?) in the steering are proper fucked, as are those in the shifter. clutch works, but it's right at the floor.

not bad for $1500 though...

now to shift the E30.

Comment

Mucho nice 2002 there :drool:

Super jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by CXTdreamer View Post
                      How on earth did you score a MY99 WRX for $5k though, even at mates rates
                      lol, you'd hate my immediate boss then, he's at $3400 to have his on the road in his name (MY99)

his mate owned it since new, never binned it, put a 3" staino system on it and some later model WRX mags. He didn't boost it up for some reason, just putted around in it (it did get the occasional spirited drive. Has a rebuilt gearbag and motor (forgies etc) about 60 thou ago it's got about 220k on the clock now. Got offered a bullshit trade in when he got his new one so passed it onto my boss. The seat on the driver's side has a bit of bolster wear and the center console on the dash is porked.

He's a cunt, I have informed him.
                      Originally posted by choppo
                      Looking forward videos of OP doing the chicken dance in drag with bananas up the arse and other fruit around the face in gay hypnotherapist rape dungeon

Comment

can swap an e21 323i box for an e30 box...e21 box is in adelaide hills
                        E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

Originally posted by morerevsm3 View Post
                          can swap an e21 323i box for an e30 box...e21 box is in adelaide hills
                          orly? we should talk

Comment

it is in this
                            E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

looks like i'm picking up the 2002 tomorrow and taking it straight down to the panel guy to get the arse straightened.
                              once that's done i'll bring it home and assess what needs doing to get it driving.

E30 is relocating to a mates shed where i'll dismantle it this week. he's got a hoist and air tools.

dsm2002 - i'll be in canberra in about a month - got time for a beer?

Comment

Working...
                              X