1971 bmw 2002

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha, no chance on the gear boxes. haven't got time to go chasing them. i found one in aust as it turns out
    going to go properly nuts on jaymic and buy everything i can afford as far as seals and rubber shit go.

who does the replacement rubbers for the rear quarter windows? edit found em on jaymic.

i also assume that the windscreen rubbers aren't special - can be sourced from the o'briens et al?
    '71 BMW 2002 - restoration
    '14 Colorado 4x4 dual cab - reliability

Originally posted by Marv
    my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle
    :rotflol:

Comment

Potato Head - any idea what he paid for it? I think these CSLs are undervalued when you look at what people are paying for early 911s.
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

No, I don't knwo what he paid for it. Apparently its not his only one.
        I only knew of one for sale during the GFC. Not in this league, and the owner wanted over $100K for it. So they aren't too undervalued
        Not a genuine one anyway. This would be a good start point for a replica. But at $30K, not a cheap start point

EDIT: http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewCa...D=1&pID=927137
        Well now I know. 128,800 Euros / $160,000
        Considering you dont have to do a thing, rock up to car shows and win, and generally know that it is a concors car .... pretty good value

Comment

bought about $1200 of bits from W&N in the end - they were substantially cheaper than Jaymic and better with communication. their new website is bloody good too - bad for the wallet though. ordered the stuff wednesday morning and the box arrived this AM at the freight company. now i just need to get my VAT back and I'll be laughing.

my cuts look like they're done by Michael J Fox using a grinder on the end of a pool noodle

Comment

so i haven't got my VAT back - cunts.

but have got a rotisserie in my shed.
            it's totally stripped and i'll be getting it on there soon, then off to be blasted, de-rusted and painted. mwahaha

going to put on twin 40's, cam, 5 speed, vented rotors, e21 drums, bilsteins etc.
            stock interior, 15x7" rota speedy lite replica's for rims.

Comment

Nice little car man.

I kick myself whenever i think of the time i knocked back a mint 2002tii for sale in Toowoomba when i was 18 (1987, Dad had his E12 528i and my uncle had his E28 528i turbo'd by that stage) cause i didn't like the colour or something lame...and $4500 was a lot of cash back then

A mate of mine has just about finished building his 2002 with M10 and EFI etc, should be a balltearer when it's finished.

Chip

Comment

so, very little progress on this because i bought a house in August last year and not surprisingly that absorbed all my free cash. Got a tenant in now and the $$$ is coming in for a change.

The delay proved to be rather handy because the panel/painter guy moved his workshop from ass fuck alley on the other side of the city to my town, literally 5 minutes from work and <10 minutes from my house.

So, last weekend we chucked it on the trailer and it's getting blasted and primed today

went for a cruise in this last night too. safe to say it's the greatest car i'll ever drive.

Comment

checked it out this AM, it's been blasted and will have etch primer on it by tomorrow arvo with a bit of luck.

blasting revealed a little bit more rust, a bit more bog and a couple of extra dings. nothing too serious thank fuck.

Comment

just in case anyone gives a shit we have progress. the whole car, inside and out will be in primer by tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Jones
                      Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Must be getting close to time to have a chat about a really, really fucking angry M10?

Comment

do go on son!
                          Originally posted by thebluerx7
                          The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by TK View Post
                            Must be getting close to time to have a chat about a really, really fucking angry S14?
                            I concur.
                            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by TK View Post
                              Must be getting close to time to have a chat about a really, really fucking angry M10?
                              if i've gone this far... might as well go a little further, right? my thoughts are twin 40's with cam, compression bump and headwork. needs to have manners to be a turnkey sunday driver.

drove past your place today TK, couldn't drop in because i was with the boss. due to come down and drink & point at stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wagoner View Post
                                if i've gone this far... might as well go a little further, right? my thoughts are twin 40's with cam, compression bump and headwork. needs to have manners to be a turnkey sunday driver.

drove past your place today TK, couldn't drop in because i was with the boss. due to come down and drink & point at stuff.
                                i'm told 40's won't cut it as soon as you mod it- i have twin 45's on my stock M10. i'll just change jets etc when i mod it
                                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                                Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Working...
                                X