Clear All

• 176OES
    replied
    Got a soft spot for these, will be interesting to watch how it comes along

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
    ... and a VH44 booster instead of the horrible twin booster arrangement.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57432[/ATTACH]
    was looking at that mess yesterday scratching my head going WTF. the whole brake setup needs servicing because the pedal goes straight to the floor, but returns. might see if i can nab the rear brakes off morerevs e21

not going to do the M20 conversion on it. i want cams (well one anyway) and carbs (possibly two...)

when i've got the car home i'll go over it and see what i need to order to get it driving. at this stage it'll need
    - shifter rebuild kit
    - brake rebuild kit
    - probably tie rods, huge steering wheel slop
    - mirror glass

not sure on the state of the clutch, when we ran the car it worked but the bite was right off the floor.

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    great thread, looking at doing something similar! (looked at that blue widebody one on carsales last week, too dodgy)

Leave a comment:

• dsm2002
    replied
    ... and a VH44 booster instead of the horrible twin booster arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• dsm2002
    replied
    From memory when I wrecked an E21 318i for the 5 speed, it had a two piece cable, and it looks like the E21 323i is the same. The shorter upper cable could be useful for additional length as the 5 speed gearbox is longer and the 2002 cable may be marginal for length. When you get the gearbox from morerevs see if you can get the upper and possibly lower speedo cables just to be sure. Check as you may need the tailshaft as well or at least the front flange. I am not sure if they differ from the e30 box.

The e21 diff also bolts in and for a 323i it should be 3.45. A better ratio with the six.

Some of the people who have done the conversion cut out the radiator support as the six is longer. Also I seem to recall an option is to shorten the water pump by about 20mm by pressing the bearing in, trimming the aluminium pump housing and shorten the shaft by the same length. You'll need to realign the alternator pulley and crank pulley.

Brake upgrade is simple. For non-Tii you need post 1980-83 e21 318i front hubs, 2xx series vented girling calipers Volvo calipers, 320i (early 1976-8) or any year 323i vented rotors. Useful hint for the US websites, our late 318i is the same as their late 320i.

On the rear any drum braked e21 brakes and backing plates are larger.

E30 wheels usually fit the 2002 as they are comparable offsets.

You can buy most things from Walloth and Nesch. They have an down-loadable catalogue and price list on their website. I have purchased quite of items from them and their service is great and postal charges have been reasonable.

There's a 2002 email group for melbourne based 2002s. pm me your email and I can pass it on.

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Originally posted by seedyrom View Post
    Yeah, the car sales search facility was busted. I only had IT guys enquiring about it, as the 2002 model search was broken. Car sales refunded my money as they admitted they couldn't fix it. Though the site works now that it has been redesigned.

For parts I only ever use www.rogerstii.com when buying new bits and pieces.
    Or eBay. Though I'm sure you are already a car part collector, as you buy things you might need one day
    brilliant. thanks for that!

re carsales, i think i ran into exactly that problem!
    very happy with my pickup, looking forward to getting it on the road, then making it mint.

Leave a comment:

• seedyrom
    replied
    Yeah, the car sales search facility was busted. I only had IT guys enquiring about it, as the 2002 model search was broken. Car sales refunded my money as they admitted they couldn't fix it. Though the site works now that it has been redesigned.

For parts I only ever use www.rogerstii.com when buying new bits and pieces.
    Or eBay. Though I'm sure you are already a car part collector, as you buy things you might need one day

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Originally posted by seedyrom View Post
    Yeah, the Kugelfischer goes good, though the black one sports a weber 32/36 for extra fasts. Was trying to sell it, but have decided to keep it and repaint it, and put a 292 Schrick cam in.
    hahaha, nice work. blue one up the top ^^^ had a weber and pipes, went good and made a happy noise. used have a 32/36 on my L series wagon before i went EA82T... made more noise, used more fuel, gain a hp or 2 tops

need a few bits for mine, i've been on 2002faq, bluntech, ireland engineering... got any other tips?

edit, you had the black one on carsales late last year?

Leave a comment:

• seedyrom
    replied
    Yeah, the Kugelfischer goes good, though the black one sports a weber 32/36 for extra fasts. Was trying to sell it, but have decided to keep it and repaint it, and put a 292 Schrick cam in.

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    damn son, i like your style.
    i spy tii?

Leave a comment:

• seedyrom
    replied
    A couple.
    I'd love to have more, but don't have the garage space.

Freaking great cars.

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Originally posted by wagoner View Post
    not bad for $1500 though...
    pretty happy with that

edit, ha.
    you've got one by the looks of your av?

Leave a comment:

• seedyrom
    replied
    Nice rig. Should tidy up real good.

Umolestered centre console, so full of win!

Now that you've paid for it can I ask what it set you back?

Ignore that. Reading > me. $1500. Nice buying!

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Paid for this today, took a few non edo spec spec pics whilst I was there. It's going down to get the backed end pulled straight as soon as we get the car trailer.

Leave a comment:

• dsm2002
    replied
    no worries. pm me anytime

Leave a comment:

Working...
X