X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wagoner
    replied
    The lolz continue. Tailshaft was made slightly short, but old mate fitted it anyway and it warped the rubber disc tightening up the bolts. Oh and the bolt heads were fouling against the flange and the snout was too long as well.
    I wasn't aware of any of this, so I trucked it to the dyno. Old mate from the dyno rang and told it was shaking like fuck when he tried to run it up.

It ran like a bag of shit, was lean so he up'd the main jets. Claimed he had it running on 4. He had a look at the TS but couldn't be fucked solving the issue. So I trucked it out of there to a mates workshop - he solved the TS issue in an hour.
    Dyno man also told me he sealed up an oil leak - clearly didn't. I started it to test the TS and it was running like shit so I pulled the plugs - they were fouled as fuck. Lead wasn't seated on number 2 and there was too much timing in it.
    Runs fucking mint now.

Another shop fucked the gear shift linkage too. No reverse at the moment.

2 steps forward 1.5 steps back.

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Damage is fixed, thanks Jase! He's hooked me up with the neighbouring workshops for the exhaust, wheel alignment etc, then dyno is booked for early September
    Maybe it'll be home by the end of Sept?

Leave a comment:

• Walt Kowalski
    replied
    Long time follower. ALWAYS loved these things. ❤️

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    The hilarity continues. Nothing was borked. They jumped the gun. Finally worked out the carbies were out of sync, dumping fuel into #3 &4 drowning the spark and causing leak down. So itís got 4 cylinders now [emoji2937]

Damage will be fixed soon too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mrkebabs
    replied
    It will all be worth it when it's worth $50k+ in a few years time :D

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    The hilarity continues. Something is borked in the motor. Going to pull the motor and whizz the head off ASAP. Yay[emoji52]

Leave a comment:

• nitrane
    replied
    That really sucks....

Fantastic build thread - loving the attention to detail.

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    So, got a phone call from the workshop this arvo. One of their mechanics backed into my car [emoji2361][emoji52]
    Right hand front guard is dinged up but nothing is broken. Their insurance will cover it and itís off to visit another PF member to sort the damage.
    Iím pretty disappointed. When I think of how many car parks Iíve backed in and out of, where Iíve driven trucks etc without hitting anyone, how fucking hard is it to negotiate a workshop carpark?

Iíve spent literally years being careful and avoiding chipping paint.. itís been to 2 workshops and been damaged both times.
    For fucks sake.

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    Iíll get some chalk and test it- I swapped to a 3.64

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i may have a 3.91 at home i think
    sweet. Consider me interested!
    I've got 3.45, 3.64 and 4.10 - might as well complete the collection :rotflol:

If I decide 4.10's are too short I'll fit 3.91's with along with a LSD. If I like 4.10's I'll pull the diff and still fit a LSD.

Picked up a pair of recaro's for it on the weekend. Need retrimming to match my interior, but the price was right.

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    i may have a 3.91 at home i think

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Brake bias valve is in, gearbox is sorted, rubber brake lines sorted, tailshaft is at hardy spicer. When they've got it back the s/s exhaust will go on.
    Then it's dyno time.

I'm also keeping my eye out for small case 3.91 gears just in case 4.10 is a bit short. Also another m10 G240 for a spare.

Leave a comment:

• Forg Convertible
    replied
    Very nice. Love a tidy roundy. My dream is to build an m2 one day. I have a spare s14....

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    It's being collected tomorrow arvo so it can get a tailshaft and a few other other jobs done.
    Then it's going on the rollers for run-in and tune.

With a bit of luck it'll be pretty much mechanically done by the end of July. It's coming back via a paint shop for a few touch up jobs. Then I'll finish the interior and exterior trims... and drive it

Leave a comment:

• wagoner
    replied
    Originally posted by ricardo View Post
    Looking tidy.

Is that fuse/relay box just one of the generic eBay spec ones, or something fancier/better?
    just a generic ebay one. Had to push all the terminals up slightly to get them on the legs of the relays. But it's ok for a $20 ebay fuse box. There is a small 5 gang blue sea systems busbar mounted underneath to distribute 12v to each fuse. The lights are chalk and cheese now, they're so much brighter!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X