Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nitephyre View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but that looks like a brake disc with a larger hole and a chunk of alloy in the middle to make an adaptor? If so... that's rather clever!
    It's an alignment tool but yes it defiantly is very clever use of stuff lying around.

Comment

yes, brake disk was machined down to fit, all concentric at the back end, so to ensure the box end is in the right location the brake disk was slipped in, then measured to the shaft that was attached to the back of the crank, this was then measured side to side and up and down, then rotated on the crank and measured again, once all measurements were correct the dowels were drilled and put in.

then we took everything apart, put it all back together and tightened all bolts, everything being equal and correct, the alloy spacer which was machined to the exact size of the shaft and the inner of the brake rotor should just slide straight in, and it did so happy days
      Member #2 of PF v12 club incTM

Originally posted by Bren
      Being 19 years old it probably won't be very tight anymore.

Comment

will put more pics up when i get them off my mate who has the ultimate workshop with all the bits used in the making of this adapter

Comment

Double check the runout. Remember that's why mine died, was out a poofteenth and still looked right as rain. Destroyed pump on th400.
          Originally posted by Bosshoggett
          If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

.05 of a mm according to the digital gauge we had mounted to the bench, so hopeful all will be ok...

Comment

home and in the shed, its ready to go together for the test fit up in place, just need some more bolts

Comment

flex plate is done, just gotta get it to me

Comment

bolted together

Comment

Fuck yeah! Big engine and box is big :-P

Comment

Nice progress
                      Originally posted by thebluerx7
                      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

so it needs some sleeves and more bolts in the radius where the 2 are sitting, these will be welded in place, then off to be balanced....

Comment

Originally posted by ferdie View Post

Is that a boat trailer with a piece of formwork ply on top?

Comment

Awesome progress too btw mate. Love the backyard engineering and boat(ish) trailer!

Comment

That's a lotta motor for not alot of car, I like it.
                              I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Comment

Jet ski single trailer with a sheet of marine ply on top, was used to take spare wheels and camping gear to the track, now used as a build table...

Comment

Working...
                                X