No announcement yet.

Z Build 11ty billion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These 12 new cars are still arriving, Latest is chassis number 011.
    GURU Motorsport ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

Originally posted by Barney View Post
      Too many Z's taking up room in the shed. The FD will be outside soon!
      The Spray booth will take up more room. Guess someone should buy the FD at the end of the year.

Comment

is there any reason he wants so many? beyond just liking the things i mean
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Haha, Graham plans to retire restoring them I believe? I can only see him getting more.
          Can't see him buying yours now Cuong, He has set himself up so well to restore his own.
          Ive spent much of my life working on Z's yet did not know there were this many good ones locked away in Barns and sheds.

Comment

i can think of worse things to retire to haha
            will be nice seeing them saved from rotting away.

Comment

I don't think I could ever sell mine ...

Comment

Getting more?

By my calcs that makes it 21. If he did one a year he will never be fully 'retired'.

good on him, hope he spins a buck.
                Various Japanese 2 doors.

Comment

Owning a couple of S30 Zeds myself, they are a great car. BUT they are not the 'be all & end all' of classic sports cars - there are other great classic cars out there to own/sample.
                  21 Zeds just seems a bit silly to me... Good luck to him though!
                  Need rust repairs done or your classic vehicle restored?
                  Contact me:
                  Classic Automotive Restorations

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch View Post
                    Owning a couple of S30 Zeds myself, they are a great car. BUT they are not the 'be all & end all' of classic sports cars - there are other great classic cars out there to own/sample.
                    Each to his own, I don't agree with you tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Supashake View Post
                      Just need Graham to find a Fox Mustang in his hunts.
                      Theres a nice one in Perth going for $8k
                      Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
                      particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch View Post
                        haha don't let uncle arthur hear you say that
                        agreed if it was me personally i'd prefer some variety.. still an epic undertaking though. bringing the old girls back to life

Comment

Meh, if you have the money and the space go for it.
                          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by JayTHEFordman View Post
                            Theres a nice one in Perth going for $8k
                            We have a race Fox, We need a spare parts car.

Comment

Bugger me, best shed in AU

Like the full length chassis rail mod on the blue one, I'd put a brace or two across the transmission tunnel, reinforce the sill rail (can be used as a jacking point then) and run it forwards to the front chassis suspension mounting point. Did the latter mod on mine, it seemed to work well. For tarmac use the S30 needs a stiffer body in addition to what a cage does so heavier springs can be used. Also needs the front suspension towers moved back at the top so up to 9* caster can be dialled in.

Engine? RB30ET with a GTX 35/82 unless silly power is required. No need for a twin cam, just adds complications and high weight. So, more info on what is being done with the blue car, please
                              Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

Comment

Im doing the engine now, its the usual RB26 forged build with the right parts and Tomei Arms Turbos.
                                Wheels are here now, 18x9.5, Will take some update pics soon, This is the street/track car, one of the others is marked to be a racecar.
                                The 12 new cars have taken some time as Graham is building a huge racking system to store them.
                                Some of the new cars just need paint and trim detailing.

Ill add some picks of my 240Z soon. I totally removed the floor and Tunnel replacing it with full framed flat floor with exhausts in a tunnel above the floor thru the l/h Rocker panal. My Trans tunnel is tube framed going from upper rear floor alway thru to the front strut towers etc etc. Race only.

Graham strayed a little and got 1 280Z 2 seater.

Comment

Working...
                                X