Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
    NRMA is royally fucking me with an LSA VF R8 Clubbie, was thinking of going to across to Shannons Insurance. Thanks to this thread, that won't be an option....
    Been with Shannons past 10+ years now - required assistance from them for 3 separate incidents (3 different cars) , wasn't let down at all.

Each case is different, wouldn't hurt to have a chat with them still, IMHO.

Comment

I've got 6 cars and the house with Shannons.
      Never had an issue. I guess you just have to go with how you've been treated.
      The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

Lots of cars in the past with Shannons, two currently. Some claims, never tidy but things sorta work out after I ask people on here how to deal with it.

I can't see them being any worse than another insurer. *Shrugs*

As for the car. I'm heartbroken. Seriously a big fan of this thing and was also asking about it.

Comment

All good blokes!

I'll get it looking this schmick again.

I'm always horrendously consistent when it comes to leaving a door open, or bonnet ajar, or piece of bodywork un-attached, ruining an otherwise nice photo. Even a loose blinker here and there.

There's never any question that paint looks better than vinyl. But I tell you. Once it was together and clean with a hit of quick wax, the look of the wrap just set it off, IMO.

It just looks... different. Fits the racey / purposeful theme, looks factory but modified, and the way the light hit it was almost like a blend of Panorama Silver and Atlas Grey. That lack of ultimate depth and sort of murky gloss seemed to work well for the shape.

IMG_7749 by B&E 355, on Flickr

IMG_9573 by B&E 355, on Flickr

IMG_9504 by B&E 355, on Flickr

IMG_9508 by B&E 355, on Flickr

IMG_9618 (1) by B&E 355, on Flickr

IMG_9621 by B&E 355, on Flickr

IMG_9620 (1) by B&E 355, on Flickr

Comment

Rebuild progress. Here's where we're currently at:

A pillar tore itself from the cage (unpictured. Imagine if the cage wasn't there).

B just tipped out but is otherwise fine, doors jumped it. Really want to find one of the pillar frame sides rather than fabbing it myself, but don't like my luck. Let me know if anyone has anything worthwhile.

IMG_2761 by B E, on Flickr

Really tried to save this door, but, uh, well... yeah. Removing bent doors isn't fun. Intriguing. But not fun. I can save the rear, but good straight doors would make it so much easier.

IMG_2749 by B E, on Flickr

Bit of fun stuff while I hunt for a few panels.

Perkins Morrison full floating Supercar rear-end. Rather not bin it again for the sake of something equally as silly as a broken axle.

IMG_2229 by B E, on Flickr

IMG_2225 by B E, on Flickr

Some OG Perkins uprights. VZ / VE era I believe. Over-engineering FTW, won't break a sweat for my usage-case. Fuck it, full send.

IMG_2236 by B E, on Flickr

IMG_2235 by B E, on Flickr

Just some really cool AF engineering. Even Autosport wheel speed sensors. Wild.

IMG_2234 by B E, on Flickr

IMG_2559 by B E, on Flickr

Blakey @ V-Sport and myself crunching some part numbers. Rather than re-invent the wheel and adapt anything existing, best options are to start afresh with either the new 2-piece Radi-Cal AP caliper, or (I'd really like to hunt down) the era-correct control Alcon calipers. Both (6-piston) with a 375mm Bobbin disc of course.

With the rate that VN bits are going through the roof, this re-engineering of newer, modern tech is almost the cheaper method!

IMG_2636 by B E, on Flickr

Comment

Good to see some forward progress.
              The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Comment

VN parts expensive so going V8 Supercar custom jobbie is cheaper, what a world we live in

Again, awesome stuff there mate.

Comment

Are you going to use centrelock Supercar wheels? Please say yes.
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Kind of undecided. Only got x2 fronts. One of the Forged Kartier wheels is bent beyond repair and the company no longer exists. Managed to track down the actual foundry who made them, though, and they're helping out to try remake as a one-off.

Was tempted to go centre-lock Simmons - and almost had no other choice but to use a new set of wheels - but it's a fair bit of work and expense for no real gain than being different. Quick wheel changes of course aren't a priority. Uprights 100% for the geometry and strength.

If anything else, I'd try to get a set of Speedline Corse style made in 19in. But just yuge money.

If I leave as is I don't have to mess with the rear to match, just throw a Race Products floating hub onto the diff-end and away I go.

Knock the pins out, re drill PCD and machine wheels to slide over the spigot and the front is good to go. The only real 'work' if you will is making the rotor hats to get the discs sitting at the correct offset in the calipers.

But you never know, if I come across some rear hubs for the right price...

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                    VN parts expensive so going V8 Supercar custom jobbie is cheaper, what a world we live in
                    Lmao, QFT.

Fucking $1,200 a headlight.

Comment

Fuck me, Nice escalation!

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
                        Kind of undecided. Only got x2 fronts. One of the Forged Kartier wheels is bent beyond repair and the company no longer exists. Managed to track down the actual foundry who made them, though, and they're helping out to try remake as a one-off.

Was tempted to go centre-lock Simmons - and almost had no other choice but to use a new set of wheels - but it's a fair bit of work and expense for no real gain than being different. Quick wheel changes of course aren't a priority. Uprights 100% for the geometry and strength.

If anything else, I'd try to get a set of Speedline Corse style made in 19in. But just yuge money.

If I leave as is I don't have to mess with the rear to match, just throw a Race Products floating hub onto the diff-end and away I go.

Knock the pins out, re drill PCD and machine wheels to slide over the spigot and the front is good to go. The only real 'work' if you will is making the rotor hats to get the discs sitting at the correct offset in the calipers.

But you never know, if I come across some rear hubs for the right price...

Lmao, QFT.

Fucking $1,200 a headlight.
                        Were the speedlines used here in Aus V8's Aluminum Alloy or magnesium? All the speedline wheels that i've worked with from the Super Touring era made by speedline were all magnesium.. probably dont wanna risk them on a road car...
                        /csh Racing

Comment

The ridgy didge are 17x11 Mags and sickening money, but you can get high quality copies in Forged Alloy all the way up to 19in - still expensive, but doable.

Comment

nice!! if you can get them in alloy, it would look insanely awesome!
                            /csh Racing

Comment

Damn, what a mess.
                              Good to see you are straight back into it!

Those hubs and that diff gives me wood!

/ --------------- \
                              _/ /___________\ \_
                              /_________|_________\
                              |OOO ___________ OOO|
                              \______|====|______/
                              [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Image Wheels in the UK do an awesome BBS RS 3 piece centrelock replica.
                                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X