X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 RA28 Fasthack celica project

hi guys,

thought I might put up some pictures of our 1977 RA28 celica project, this is a nice father son job and a lot of fun. We have done another celica before but plan to go bigger and better on this one. (Pic attached of our old celica also)

Plans are to run 2 seats, half cage and a 1JZ set up.

My name is Andy and I am the lead feature writer for Australian Street Car magazine and love the automotive scene, if you have any questions or just wanna chat feel free to hit me up. Would love to hear your feedback on the build. These first few posts will be a tad pic heavy so apologize.

Bringing car home on trailer.

starting to strip the car down.

The car has been painted multiple times, but with terrible prep work.

Started to strip the paint off as this is getting the full bare metal restoration.

Like many of the cars of this age, the nasty stuff started to show itself.

Comment

starting to get the horrible layers off and back to clean fresh undercoat, still have all the rust repair to go but starting to make progress.

Comment

Back end starting to be fully stripped back to metal and new undercoat.

Comment

Try not to bare metal using a sanding disc on a grinder. It makes 1mm of sheetmetal about .8 by the time the job is done.

Comment

got a rotisserie for the car to make the body work easier, starting assembly.

Comment

Pic of the last celica we did. This ran a twin turbo set up and was highly modified. Went over to perth.

Comment

lots and lots of prep, doing the front guards etc with wire wheel and stripper discs.

some rust in the floor.

Cleaning up the front end.. Took out the radiator support for extra engine room, will run a custom set up here.

Comment

Subscribed
                  Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

cleaning up the engine bay.

These pics blow my mind, new prepped and undercoated engine bay next to the old condition cross bar.

Comment

more more and more prep.

Comment

some rust sections being cut out. and various other body work.

Comment

Comment

For a bit of a break, did some work on the fuel pump. This is a modified standard tank that is running a HSV GTS1 Fuel pump set up.

Fuel Sender from Speed Hut

No longer have a 90 degree fuel out but a straight through.

Comment

again more and more body work, these are old photos and just getting everyone up to speed on the build.

Comment

Working...
                              X