1977 RA28 Fasthack celica project

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper coated steel bundy tube isn't it?
    Fantastic level of detail. I end out using cable ties instead of the proper brackets...
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by celica77 View Post
      Its brake pipe supplied by all brake and clutch in Brisbane. comes in a coil, they were happy to recomend it and supply the fittings also and everything is double flared.
      Mmmm, fair enough. I guess my ideas come from my aircraft mechanic brother who said copper has no place in such an environment, thats why you don't see it in aircraft. work hardening/embrittlement being reason. Maybe thats being slightly psychotically pedantic...
      Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
      particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Yeah awdmoke, I believe its copper coated steel bundy tube. thanks for the kind words.
        Yeah we wanted to set it up so it would be hassle free in the future.

Comment

As another RA28 owner, I can't to see this finished! Maybe I could pop by and take a look someday? (
          Originally posted by Mr Jones
          Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

dirtyrex as someone who has pestered others with 28's for help and info you are more than welcome to ask anything you wish and pop round and see it.

Haha Jaythefordman I knew you wern't having a dig. Comments and criticims both good and bad are always welcome

Comment

just going to enjoy doing some more of the non expensive tasks on the car as we have a few big expenses ahead.
              Soon I will have to order the Hopper Stoppers front brake kit and then when its on some wheels go and get the chrome moly half roll cage put in it.

Comment

How will you go with a half cage and rego? My engineer basically said there is no reason a street car needs a role cage! Would have to be done as an individualy constructed vehicle :/ so I never looked any harder! Do want to run into the 10s tho and going to need one at some point!

Keep me posted
                1JZ RA28 (yoshi) the toymotor sillycar
                http://performanceforums.com/forums/...gte-ra28-skids
                200B wagon
                LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Comment

can run a removable cage down to 8sec, but my weld in still complies with my engineers requirements (only to 10.0 though - but can add a removable front half, and still comply with andra and street rego)

Cheers
                  Stew
                  Keep the shiney side up !!

Comment

I'm taking it to Craig at extreme custom Engineering here in Brisbane. He is amazing, I'll chat to him about ensuring he can sign off on it for a road car also. I only want a half cage and I'm removing the rear seats all together so will get made a permenant 2 seater. I'm aiming for a chrome moly weld in but will let you know more when I find out more. Mine is just gonna be a street car and not nearly as powerful as either of yours Glenn and Stew.

Comment

over the weekend we finished off the handbrake assembly and ran the main fuel pipe, nice bit of underbody black and its looking pretty neat!

Comment

We fixed up a small issue we had with one of the handbrake shoes and finally got the rear shockies in. We also ran the return fuel pipe and made a start on the front brake lines. Its starting to come together now. Feels more like a project car and less like just a shell now.

Comment

We went back to the wreckers and swapped over the landcruiser booster for a hilux item. While there we also picked up some cheap temporoary hilux 15" wheels so we could push the car around when it comes off the rotisserie.
                          We also fitted the peddle box, steering box and did some more of the front brake lines.

Comment

looking good bud....

not going rack and peanut while you are at it?

you always want more power!!!!
                            Keep the shiney side up !!

Comment

This thing gives me a semi. Awesome build.

Hope you're going to mount that brake line better than that though. It has a bad habit of fatiguing and letting go when it flops around like that.
                              Originally posted by lickmyleftone
                              I'd do things to her that Tripper hasn't seen.
                              As seen on Tinder : "If a Vegan does Crossfit, which one do they mention to you first?"

Comment

any reason you're not running a stock fuel tank modified with a nice in-tank pot and pair of stock JZA80 fuel pumps? a fuel cell and coffee grinder are really going to suck on any road trips... as is the lack of spare wheel
                                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                                the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Working...
                                X